PDA

View Full Version : Just got my AG box of goodies and need sequence help to prep

cutsieseals
04-29-2022, 02:40 PM
Hi everyone,

I greatly enjoy and appreciate other posts as I learn through this forum.

I have a question on how to prep the vehicle with XPEL film before applying a new layers of coating and sealant. Currently, the car has Wolfgang’s uber ceramic coating, then during winter I put on 2 layer each of Klasse AIO and Klasse Glaze/Sealant to get through winter. Since then, a layer of Fuzion every other wash.
Now I want to get everything off of the XPEL film to start over and shift to the WG SiO2 line to dodge the spring and summer rain drops.

Would appreciate some input if the plan below is sufficient/overkill/not going to work. For what it’s worth, the vehicle is a midnight blue Porsche Cayenne that does get splash in, sand/grit puddles, dirt and mud occasionally.

1. Wash and dry (what wash detergent?)
2. clay with either Pinnacle’s green clay or Speedmaster Clay Towel…use Pinnacle’s crystal detailer, some diluted blackfire rinseless or waterless wash or optimum’s blue no rinse, or DP 20/20 glass cleaner? Something else?
3. Mckee’s Iron Remover
4. Wash and dry
5. Polish with Porter DA (WG TSR? or Pinnacle Black Polish?)
6. IPA and/or Perfekt Paint Cleaner and/or Pinnacle Paint Cleansing lotion (all 3? Only 1?)
7. WG Uber Coating (still have some left in the syringe)…cure
8. WG SiO2 Paint Sealant (cure) then Silica Spray

Then later for maintenance wash with WG SiO2 coating wash or WG autobathe.

Have time next week where the car can stay nice and cool in the garage and want to take advantage to give it its spa day. 🤣🚙

Rollo
04-30-2022, 08:10 AM
You use coating on your paint protection film? Is there a benefit to that?