PDA

View Full Version : Koch Chemie GSF Corrosive?

intergalactica
04-29-2022, 02:37 PM
Hi,

I contacted Koch Chemie and I asked them to explain why their bottle of GSF (Gentle Snow Foam) has an indication on the front label that reads "Danger: Corrosive".

I've sent them 3 emails and no response.

Anybody has the answer? 🤔

Thanks!

Toddskill
04-29-2022, 09:27 PM
Looking at the SDS sheet for it. Looks like the only risk is to your eyes. Corrosive is a category that has no subcategories, it either is or isn't. Since it is damaging to eye tissues, it's stuck labeled as corrosive. I wouldn't worry too much. People read too much into all the stupid safety labels things have to have now.

MikeII
04-29-2022, 09:27 PM
Probably this:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220430/c76bb05fbc1c3250c5370857be19a967.jpg
Ide imagine leaving undiluted gsf on some materials would cause some kind of corrosion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DFB
04-30-2022, 08:05 AM
CarPro Reset is also classified as corrosive as well.

Klasse Act
04-30-2022, 08:54 AM
I have GsF myself but it has a lower pH level but I'm sure the "active ingredient" to clean is pretty low. Your not going to be using this in direct sunlight anyways, so just foam your ride up, let dwell for about 5 minutes and rinse away. This product is very solid pre-wash[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

toni
11-07-2022, 01:47 AM
I was looking into this, as I saw the "Corrosive" warning on more than one shampoo. Here is my take on the topic.
The GHS05 symbol and the warning "Danger: corrosive" encompasses both metal corrosion and skin irritation/corrosion. I believe the warning refers to the skin irritation part. Many shampoos have ingredients that can cause skin irritation.
Sodium Laureth Sulfate an ubiquitous ingredient in shampoos (both automotive and cosmetic) can lead to skin irritation.
What's even more puzzling about GSF is that on the European label and SDS there is no mention about the "corrosive" nature, only on the US bottle, although they have the same ingredients.