PDA

View Full Version : Google Business Comms....Phishing?

627PCFan
04-23-2022, 07:27 AM
I was curious if any of the other detailers have had this happened. I opened up my Google business account about 9 months ago and every couple of months I'll get message: 1. Are you a detailing business? and 2. how much for car X. (I have standard package pricing loaded on there for anyone to see.) I shoot over an informal quote until I lay eyes on the vehicle. Then I get a response back, "pricing works, I have X number of cars to be done. I have drivers that will drop them off, what is the turn around time." At that point I ask to speak on the phone and I get no further responses.

I'm assuming its phishing or maybe another detailer poking around to see what I'm charging but like I said I have my prices listed there. Anyone with similar experiences?

Paul A.
04-23-2022, 08:09 AM
I've experienced several of these exactly as you describe and they're obvious scams.

I tried to play along with one without divulging any of my information in an effort to see how it might work from their end. No dice. They disappear.

I suspect as in all scams they're trying to get your money.

oneheadlite
04-23-2022, 11:06 AM
Plus one for scam, I’ve seen this discussed in multiple places.

It’s the Nigerian prince scam. Here’s a promise for a bunch of money, just pass along your account information so we can get you the money…

627PCFan
04-23-2022, 01:39 PM
Yup, they just never made it that far with me. Didnt ask to make a deposit or any exchanges of financial data. All good, wish google would clean that up.