PDA

View Full Version : So does anyone still use or like Rupes P808?

Silly Rabbit
04-22-2022, 03:16 PM
As the title says, with the Cancoat Evo's and other great products hitting the market, does anyone still reach for Rupes P808? I never touched it before, but have read nothing but positive things about it here and other forums. Reason I ask is I see it is discontinued on every net site. I messaged Rupes USA and they have indeed discontinued it. So only way to get it is on any shelves it may be sitting in stock somewhere.
Was thinking it's kinda like other products people may have liked that ended, Meguiar's Wash Plus, etc.

So does anyone care and say "Oh man, thats too bad I liked that"? Or is it more of a shrug "oh well, there are other products I can reach for, no loss"?

luckydawg
04-22-2022, 03:37 PM
I did use it and do like it-- I just quit using it when the TW Ice seal n shine came out
I have an open bottle and one un-opened. I would part with the un opened one if someone is dying for it, but am gonna keep the opened one.

Again- I think its a good product

Silly Rabbit
04-22-2022, 03:42 PM
I have a bottle of Uno Protect, and always kinda figured the 808 would be a nice topper. As I said, have never used 808, it was just my thought.

dlc95
04-23-2022, 06:06 AM
I liked 808 a lot. I'll still use it on occasion.

The fact it's being discontinued probably means something better is coming.

luckydawg
04-23-2022, 06:19 AM
either that or it just got un profitable to make as the market is flooded with similar products-- and much cheaper

Silly Rabbit
04-23-2022, 07:32 AM
I liked 808 a lot. I'll still use it on occasion.

The fact it's being discontinued probably means something better is coming.

I think the vibe I'm getting is all their detail line (shampoo, detailer, protectant, etc) are being dropped in the USA market?? I could be wrong?? Autogeek, Autopia stores and others don't have some of them listed anymore. And P808 discontinued.