PDA

View Full Version : Fabric protectants

Silly Rabbit
04-19-2022, 04:38 PM
So I know the detailing world moves fast, so many great companies with great products, but for the most part nobody reinvents the wheel. So glancing at fabric (interior) protectants, there are some solid choices - 303, Dr Beasley's, Carpro, Gtechniq, Gyeon, Griots, Optimum, P&S, etc. So with prices varied, just curious if most every brand is basically using the same technologies, like ingredients, but at differing amounts?
So asking, is just reaching for the best $$/value option the best choice, or is there a brand that has maybe come out with a product better than the rest recently?

Coatingsarecrack
04-20-2022, 01:24 AM
The Coating companies seam to all make great fabric protection products. I really like Gtechniq fabric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crg001
04-20-2022, 10:26 AM
Good question. I personally purchased Gtechniq I1 Smart Fabric AB because of the anti microbial properties, but I still have not had a chance to use it yet. I was planning to use it on my gf's car with a light grey interior color, but the day after I steamed and extracted her seats she spilled a large cup of water on the seats causing re-staining before I could apply it to the dry seat :doh:

I have since not touched it but will eventually give it a shake down.

chilly
04-20-2022, 10:40 AM
I have never tried any of the newer high tech fabric or leather "coatings" so I can't speak to their performance

For the most part, to me anyway, you are right with your "nobody reinvents the wheel" analogy

I have been using 303 products for years to clean and protect fabrics and carpets on autos, motorhomes, and around the house, including awnings and lawn furniture that absolutely get pounded by sun, elements, etc

I have yet to be disappointed

To me this is a if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it situation

YMMV

Coatingsarecrack
04-22-2022, 03:09 AM
I have never tried any of the newer high tech fabric or leather "coatings" so I can't speak to their performance

For the most part, to me anyway, you are right with your "nobody reinvents the wheel" analogy

I have been using 303 products for years to clean and protect fabrics and carpets on autos, motorhomes, and around the house, including awnings and lawn furniture that absolutely get pounded by sun, elements, etc

I have yet to be disappointed

To me this is a if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it situation

YMMV

Use to love 303 on my convertible top. Someone talked me into trying the Gtechniq fabric (It was me).

Got 3-4 months longer in NW rain sometimes you just gotta check out the newer mouse traps.

dgage
04-22-2022, 01:10 PM
Got 3-4 months longer in NW rain sometimes you just gotta check out the newer mouse traps.

I’ve bought several mouse traps because of you. All very nice and useful mouse traps though. :)

Bobby B.
04-22-2022, 01:57 PM
I switched from 303 Fabric Guard to Blackfire Fabric Protectant. The Blackfire Fabric Protectant has been great to work with over the past few years.

BLACKFIRE Fabric Protectant 32 oz. (https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-fabric-protectant.html)

chilly
04-22-2022, 03:24 PM
sometimes you just gotta check out the newer mouse traps.

Ok, I’m going in

If this goes horribly wrong it’s all on you

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220422/ee3be9924cc4ad651eb16bd480c5d240.jpg

Coatingsarecrack
04-22-2022, 04:45 PM
Ok, I’m going in

If this goes horribly wrong it’s all on you

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220422/ee3be9924cc4ad651eb16bd480c5d240.jpg

Lol….Felt like that a few times