PDA

View Full Version : Please help! Huge amount of soda spilled

chadzilla86
04-18-2022, 02:03 PM
I just spilled an entire soda all over the passenger front seat and floorboard of my truck. It’s soaked down into the carpet and is seeping out of the door. It’s horrible. Is anyone in the Dallas area with a carpet extractor or does anyone have a recommendation on how to clean this?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Bosko
04-18-2022, 02:15 PM
Go to any car wash and use their vacuum...most are extremely strong and make for a great extractor

Eldorado2k
04-18-2022, 02:21 PM
Go to any car wash and use their vacuum...most are extremely strong and make for a great extractor

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] You’re damn right. I used to have the notorious leaky trunk in 1 of my old Cadillacs and every once in a while when my spare tire compartment was full of water I’d drive down to the car wash bays and use their big vacuum to suck all the water out of my spare tire compartment. Those vacs are beast.

Do what he suggested. Nearest do it yourself car wash and put $1 in that big vacuum and you’ll be good.

chadzilla86
04-18-2022, 02:28 PM
Thanks. I appreciate the help

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Bosko
04-18-2022, 02:33 PM
you could spray some carpet spot cleaner and use a brush before sucking it up as well...good luck:xyxthumbs:

2black1s
04-18-2022, 05:25 PM
I agree with the previous recommendations to vacuum, but I'd go a step farther. After the initial vacuuming to remove as much as you can of the soda, I'd intentionally spill some water in the same spot and then vacuum the water out. I might even repeat the water step a few times.

The water will dilute whatever residual syrup/sugar is left behind and help to remove it as much as possible.

UncleDavy
04-18-2022, 06:00 PM
I would douse the area with water and then use an extrator or a shop vac to remove the water.

PaulMys
04-18-2022, 06:22 PM
I would douse the area with water and then use an extrator or a shop vac to remove the water.

......and then repeatedly smack myself in the forehead with a tack hammer while saying "NEVER DRINK SODA IN THE TRUCK AGAIN" on each strike..... :laughing::laughing:

Coatingsarecrack
04-19-2022, 04:26 AM
If the vacuum truck doesn’t work go buy a Bissell spot clean. Great for car and around house.

Or go rent a rug doctor and bring a couple gallons of distilled and do it in Home Depot parking lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk