PDA

View Full Version : What are your opinions regarding Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

intergalactica
04-14-2022, 04:29 PM
Hi!

What are your opinions regarding Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam? Is it any good?

Thanks!
Bob

Klasse Act
04-14-2022, 04:45 PM
I have Auto-foam and Rinseless and they are, hands down, the best pre-washes I've ever used. This past winter I used them on my very salty previous car and it just melted the grime away, only the very bottom had a "shadow of grit" left behind.

I've also used their Auto Wash and it rivals Reset and is VERY concentrated, pure clean, no Gloss or wax enhancers here[emoji106][emoji106]

I'm so glad it's readily available now in the U.S.[emoji120]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Coatingsarecrack
04-14-2022, 05:41 PM
Yeah definitely best pre wash I have used and got a gallon of touchless waiting in the wings.

Agree with the AutoWash also.

Some warnings.

If you don’t have a Pressure washer go with Touchless .

Both are high alkaline and can affect waxes and sealants.

I don’t worry about that just re apply something after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MisterSnoop
04-14-2022, 09:07 PM
I've also used their Auto Wash and it rivals Reset and is VERY concentrated, pure clean, no Gloss or wax enhancers here[emoji106][emoji106]

Good comparison to hear. I bought both at the same time but haven't used Auto Wash yet. Maybe that's more economical? Actually had a chance to get Reset in 4L bottles at the same time that were heavily discounted because they were damaged and leaked. After using it, it was a bit of a face palm moment for not picking that up.

SWETM
04-15-2022, 03:29 AM
If you want to have one of the best prewash around. Then yes BH Auto-Foam will get you that. But are you after a shaving thick foam for show then this is not your product. The impact ratio is quite high so you will use a lot of it. But if you wash regualary and don't deal with road salt and heavy grime. You can dilute it in the foamcannon bottle 1:3-1:4 for best cleaning ability use it straight up and dial back the chemichal setting back a notch. And to get the most out of it foam it on a dry vehical. So no prerinse and you get the best cleaning from it.

Have used this for around 4-5 years now. And have tested other TFR and dedicated prewash foams. But still today I comes back to Auto-Foam. We have a way bigger market on these products here in EU.

Skickat från min SM-T736B via Tapatalk

noorth
04-15-2022, 08:17 AM
I would try any shampoo you had 1:1 in the foam cannon first before i bought auto-foam. That's the rough number to get the 4% PIR.

Personally, I am not a fan of foam cannons for deep cleaning, i rather use a pump sprayer.

I would love to see someone test reset Vs autofoam with both at the 4% PIR. That said reset would be super expensive used that way.

Honestly, i'm surprised that people that really enjoy foaming don't throw in an oz of APC in their cannon. I would on a very dirty car.

Personally i just throw something like multix or lift in a pumper sprayer.

I did recently pick up a foaming spray nozzle made by Tolco. I will be using it with carpro's lift or a similar product from europe cut 10:1. Give the hands a workout haha

Klasse Act
04-15-2022, 08:21 AM
I would try any shampoo you had 1:1 in the foam cannon first before i bought auto-foam. That's the rough number to get the 4% PIR.

Personally, I am not a fan of foam cannons for deep cleaning, i rather use a pump sprayer.

I would love to see someone test reset Vs autofoam with both at the 4% PIR. That said reset would be super expensive used that way.

Honestly, i'm surprised that people that really enjoy foaming don't throw in an oz of APC in their cannon. I would on a very dirty car.

I did recently pick up a foaming spray nozzle made by Tolco. I will be using with carpro's lift cut 10:1. Give the hands a workout hahaI use Bilt-Hamber Touchless and Auto-foam in my IK Foam Pro 12 because I don't have a foam cannon. I'm using about 5 oz to 1 gallon of distilled water with great results, although in the winter I used a bit more soap, maybe 1-2 ounces.

Yeah Reset used that way would be too expensive, same with Lyft[emoji118]

noorth
04-15-2022, 08:32 AM
I would love to have one of those IK Foam pro 12 foamers. It makes a lot more sense to me. Maybe i will pick one up one of these days...

Lift is way overpriced IMO. I'll never buy it again. I have a similar product now that is double the value - primus from europe.

I'm a carpro fan but they have some expensive products but ironically some of the cheapest coatings around.

Klasse Act
04-15-2022, 08:42 AM
I would love to have one of those IK Foam pro 12 foamers. It makes a lot more sense to me. Maybe i will pick one up one of these days...

Lift is way overpriced IMO. I'll never buy it again. I have a similar product now that is double the value - primus from europe.

I'm a carpro fan but they have some expensive products but ironically some of the cheapest coatings around.Buy a mini battery powered air compressor for the IK which allows you to run it constantly so you can foam your entire car[emoji362][emoji6]

CleanIT
04-15-2022, 09:20 AM
Would either of these be good for vehicles that see off road use and get really dirty?

Klasse Act
04-15-2022, 09:28 AM
Would either of these be good for vehicles that see off road use and get really dirty?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWell yes but obviously the main stuff needs to be knocked off first at the quarter carwash[emoji6]

intergalactica
04-15-2022, 10:39 AM
Yeah definitely best pre wash I have used and got a gallon of touchless waiting in the wings.

Agree with the AutoWash also.

Some warnings.

If you don’t have a Pressure washer go with Touchless .

Both are high alkaline and can affect waxes and sealants.

I don’t worry about that just re apply something after.

I'm curious... wouldn't a high alkaline pre-wash damage plastic or rubber surfaces?

Coatingsarecrack
04-16-2022, 03:32 AM
We have a way bigger market on these products here in EU.

Skickat från min SM-T736B via Tapatalk

Yea… we’re kinda behind the times for pre wash here in the States.

Would love to be able to get some High Definition Details Road Rage.

Coatingsarecrack
04-16-2022, 03:39 AM

I did recently pick up a foaming spray nozzle made by Tolco. I will be using it with carpro's lift or a similar product from europe cut 10:1. Give the hands a workout haha

The PH would still be lower thus less cleaning with Reset at 1:1. SuperCharged Llama over on DW did a comparison. I don’t know if the reset was at 4% PIR but it got it’s assed kicked.

I’m sure it would kick Lifts arse in a H2H too

I use 4oz of BHAF to 100oz water to get these results in an IK foam 12.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220416/44edbbc49faba20f21baca39fa783d3a.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220416/ff34dfe44c4a1c6bdcd2f51fcb556e60.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220416/dfe9b9ee222c97079b59389a4ac6501f.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220416/fa109b58e5ae6a1cf084cdffbc9cfe24.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220416/418719f757786b5745fd7ef6dc23f73a.jpg

Coatingsarecrack
04-16-2022, 03:44 AM

I'm a carpro fan but they have some expensive products but ironically some of the cheapest coatings around.

Just ordered Descale before I found out I could get Purifica in the states. Been wanting to try that.

Also I’ve had my IK12 for couple years now. Only foamer I’d really recommend.