PDA

View Full Version : Need help with final decision: Duragloss vs Cancoat Evo

joebruin77
04-09-2022, 10:44 AM
I am having a tough time making a final decision about what protection to use on my wife's new car. At first, I was going to go with Cancoat Evo. Mike G. suggested this as a great product for someone like me who has never applied a ceramic coating before. But then I came across some older posts on Duragloss 111, 105, 601, and Aquawax. I realize I am comparing apples to oranges, a ceramic coating to an older sealant.

Cancoat Evo seems like a much faster and easier product to apply. But it is pricey at $65. I could buy three Duragloss products (105, 601, and Aquawax) for about half the cost of one bottle of Cancoat Evo. Then again, I may have to apply the Duragloss more often. While I have not applied Cancoat Evo yet, from the videos I have seen on it, it reminds me of Meguiars Fast Finish in that you can't easily see the product as it is applied. I would be a bit concerned about even coverage and high spots. With Duragloss, which I haven't used yet either, it seems like I could see the product more easily.

This car is going to be parked outside 24/7 in a sunny, high-temp climate.

Any thoughts on which product would provide the best look and appearance and also which would provide the best paint protection from the elements?

Thank you,
Joebruin77

glen e
04-09-2022, 10:52 AM
Used both, great gloss out of both of them, aquawax is a short term affair though, go with Cancoat. You can easily see the cancoat when it goes on, it’s not a problem at all.

CleanIT
04-09-2022, 11:45 AM
My vote would be for CanCoat as well.

The Guz
04-09-2022, 01:29 PM
You know my vote.

Eldorado2k
04-09-2022, 01:33 PM
About how many normal/large sedans can 1 can of Cancoat cover?

Kamakaz1961
04-09-2022, 01:36 PM
Cancoat for the win! Excellent product and very easy to use. A great beginner product to get into ceramic coating.

dlc95
04-10-2022, 05:36 AM
For a new vehicle I'd go with the ceramic.

Nothing wrong with the DG stuff. Some of the finest sealants made, but a coating is a marked difference.

I haven't yet used cancoat, but would be more inclined to use that - especially on a brand new vehicle.

I used a similarly positioned coating (CarPro Lite) on my mom's car, and couldn't be happier with how it's performing.

noorth
04-10-2022, 10:07 PM
About how many normal/large sedans can 1 can of Cancoat cover?
?
According to Gyeon you will use 30ml per vehicle. They never specified the size. So probably 6+ sedans?

Eldorado2k
04-10-2022, 11:29 PM
?
According to Gyeon you will use 30ml per vehicle. They never specified the size. So probably 6+ sedans?

Thanks for the reply.

Coatingsarecrack
04-10-2022, 11:38 PM
CanCoat. Maintain with aqua wax if you want. More durable and better self cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mgavin1985
04-11-2022, 09:06 AM
I really like duragloss but Can coat gets my vote unless you enjoy touching and up keeping of the car. If you wash it a lot and really like to have hands on. Duragloss 601 and aqua wax all summer and then coat in fall.