PDA

View Full Version : Most durable SOWO product?

Pages : [1] 2

BTLew81
04-03-2022, 09:29 PM
Going to be doing a good deed and maintaining a neighbors new car. They aren’t picky but I want it to look good with a reasonable time investment. Thinking a polish here and there and a spray on wipe off product. What’s the choice here? Something ceramic might be great based on their minimal upkeep.

thanks!

Silly Rabbit
04-03-2022, 10:03 PM
Maybe one of the easy to get ahold of products like Meguiar's or Turtle Wax??

dlc95
04-04-2022, 07:27 AM
Doing the same this year for my neighbor's. They both got nee cars.

I'm probably going to lay down a coat of Duragloss 111 and boost it with Aquawax.

joebruin77
04-04-2022, 10:21 AM
Doing the same this year for my neighbor's. They both got nee cars.

I'm probably going to lay down a coat of Duragloss 111 and boost it with Aquawax.

I'm considering Duragloss 111 too for a new car. My only question, what happens if you accidentally get Duragloss 111 on black plastic trim? Will it stain black trim?

If there is a chance of staining the trim, I was thinking of first applying a ceramic trim protectant and then applying DG 111.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thank you,
Joe

chilly
04-04-2022, 10:46 AM
Do you guys use the 4:1 mix of 111 with the 601 bonding agent?

Do you use the Aquawax on a wet surface as a drying aid?

luckydawg
04-04-2022, 01:18 PM
PA Cosmic Sprits has some good staying power

PaulMys
04-04-2022, 04:13 PM
Griot's Ceramic 3-in1 should last a few months at a time.

Dan's DG 111 and AquaWax idea is a great one.

vobro
04-04-2022, 04:13 PM
Haven’t used many after going to coatings but Griots 3n1 has been good for me

JDGolden
04-04-2022, 04:30 PM

I've used Aquawax both ways. It's still a great product in my opinion.

dlc95
04-04-2022, 08:20 PM
I'm considering Duragloss 111 too for a new car. My only question, what happens if you accidentally get Duragloss 111 on black plastic trim? Will it stain black trim?

If there is a chance of staining the trim, I was thinking of first applying a ceramic trim protectant and then applying DG 111.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thank you,
Joe

Not a problem at all in my experience.

Even on some old, crusty trim it didn't leave any evidence of being accidently applied to it. I've used Aquawax to protect trim pieces.

101 might be a good choice if the paint needs any light polish work. It actually has functional light abrasives in the formula, and I believe a similar protection package as 111. I've never had issues with 101 staining trim either.

Much of the reason I like 3D polishes, is because I never have to tape off trim pieces - so far! Gotta knock on wood. Good thing I'm a drummer!

dlc95
04-04-2022, 08:23 PM

If I use 601 I just lay it down first, then apply 111.

I've only used Aquawax on dry paint. I should try it wet. If I use a drying aid it's usually Opti-Seal. The two actually remind me of one another.

chilly
04-04-2022, 09:16 PM
Much of the reason I like 3D polishes, is because I never have to tape off trim pieces - so far! Gotta knock on wood. Good thing I'm a drummer!

I’m the same way with 3D

Minimal tape

One conscience tells me I’m being lazy

The other conscience tells me I’m using good time and resource management

Let’s go with conscience number 2…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coatingsarecrack
04-05-2022, 03:40 AM
Technically a coating (lite) but CanCoat Evo is spray on and wipe off.

Adam’s Graphene spray coating you need to let dwell but it’s super forgiving.

I just coat a panel then do a second one. Wait 30 seconds and remove. Good durability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glen e
04-05-2022, 04:18 AM
Cancoat Evo is a new favorite for me- I use a microfiber brick to apply, then a quick buff with a microfiber they give you for outstanding results….

joebruin77
04-05-2022, 09:56 AM
I heard that Cancoat Evo is supposed to be one of the most hydrophobic products on the market and am also considering it.

How do Cancoat Evo, Adams Advanced Graphene Coating Spray, and Duragloss 111 compare in terms of appearance? In addition to these 3, I am also considering Griot's Garage Poly Wax. While protection and hydrophobics are important to me, so is gloss and appearance. I don't mind reapplying more often if the paint has more gloss and pop. Any thoughts on which of these offer the best look and appearance?

Thanks!
Joe