PDA

View Full Version : Rupes New Microfiber Pads

chilly
04-01-2022, 02:37 PM
I stumbled across this video

Introducing the NEW D-A Microfiber Pad System - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhGGaoaK1XI)

Interesting

Silly Rabbit
04-01-2022, 02:50 PM
Not interesting.... I bought a whole lot of their pads last summer:mad: Now I gotta go spend more money when these come out...:doh:

joking:laughing: ......but I will have to spend more money to buy these when they come out.... cause I'm me and I know it will eat at me if I don't buy them.

Loach
04-01-2022, 02:50 PM
With their previous design, there was no reason for me to grab for them over Meguiar's microfiber. Meguiar's was a better performer across the board, especially in balance leading to WAY less vibration compared to Rupes microfiber when using the LHR15. So this is a welcome update, I'll probably get a few to see how they compare to Meguiar's.

dlc95
04-01-2022, 03:13 PM
They're probably good, I'm just not interested.

I hated their wool pads. I'm not a fan of wool on a random orbital tools in general, but those pads were not fun for me. Same goes for their current line of buffing liquids.

If they ever reissue their original pads and liquids, I'll be happy to order some.

chilly
04-01-2022, 03:35 PM
With their previous design, there was no reason for me to grab for them over Meguiar's microfiber. Meguiar's was a better performer across the board, especially in balance leading to WAY less vibration compared to Rupes microfiber when using the LHR15. So this is a welcome update, I'll probably get a few to see how they compare to Meguiar's.

I use Megs microfiber as well

Although the previous Rupes microfiber pads LOOKED sexy with their swirl pattern I can't recall anyone saying anything positive about them

I honestly want to try a couple of Uro-Fiber 50/50s before I spend any money on these

dlc95
04-01-2022, 05:54 PM
I use Megs microfiber as well

Although the previous Rupes microfiber pads LOOKED sexy with their swirl pattern I can't recall anyone saying anything positive about them

I honestly want to try a couple of Uro-Fiber 50/50s before I spend any money on these

I loved their original microfiber pads, the ones with the blue and yellow fibers.

I did a lot of "one steps" with the yellow microfiber and Keramik Gloss.

The Zephir + Blue microfiber was a very nice heavy cutter.

chilly
04-01-2022, 06:05 PM
I loved their original microfiber pads, the ones with the blue and yellow fibers.

I did a lot of "one steps" with the yellow microfiber and Keramik Gloss.

The Zephir + Blue microfiber was a very nice heavy cutter.

I know you aren’t a fan of their newer line

Gotta wonder why they chose to revamp almost the entire lineup all at once

Seems counterproductive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noorth
04-02-2022, 03:08 AM
They look great! But i hope they are cheaper then the wool pads!! lol I'm actually thinking of using the 50/50 uro-fiber/medium compound this year for my first step followed by gyeon primer/finishing pad. If they are close to the price of the uro-fiber i might pick one up. I do like the uro-fiber.

The Guz
04-02-2022, 12:12 PM
They look like nice pads. Their previous versions were not that good. I ended up giving the ones I had away to someone.

Their yellow wool is one of the nicest pads in their line along with the yellow foam.

chilly
11-12-2022, 12:16 PM
I ran across this today, it seems as if Todd is sold on these newer pads

Can the new Rupes microfiber pads dethrone Meguiar's?! - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl1m_mRWQDk&t=12s)

I am not endorsing the person or product, just passing on some more information

dgage
11-12-2022, 02:12 PM
I’d get the Rupes Yellow Wool actually as my work horse pad. Good correction ability and finishes down well. I used to like microfiber but not after using the wool.

I have even been able to do a one-step on black paint (Kia Soul) with the Rupes Blue Coarse Wool pad and Griot’s Fast Correction Cream. Removed some stubborn sprinkler hard-water spots and finished out where I didn’t notice a second pass with Rupes White Foam and Essence making much difference.

dlc95
11-12-2022, 05:52 PM
I know you aren’t a fan of their newer line

Gotta wonder why they chose to revamp almost the entire lineup all at once

Seems counterproductive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, and I might try them again. Third time's a charm, right?

DUBL0WS6
11-12-2022, 05:55 PM
I've used the Griots fast finishing MF pads and they work great. They cut better than an orange cutting pad.

noorth
11-12-2022, 08:57 PM
I ran across this today, it seems as if Todd is sold on these newer pads

Can the new Rupes microfiber pads dethrone Meguiar's?! - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl1m_mRWQDk&t=12s)

I am not endorsing the person or product, just passing on some more information

I seen this too. They do look nice, not a rupes fan much frankly.

My brand new yellow rupes pad i just took out of the wrapper a few weeks ago got some kind of solution on the face of the pad and ate away at the foam ruining it. It went straight into the garbage. It will probably be my last new Rupes pad. I don't use microfiber much and i like the uro-fiber 50/50 i have.

Apparently the new panel prep products they have are going to be over $30USD for 500ml!