PDA

View Full Version : Griots ceramic all in one

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

BTLew81
03-30-2022, 09:01 AM
I’m starting to see this pop up locally and I am interested. I’m thinking it will be great for my wife’s daily driver when paired with their ceramic 3 in 1. Anyone have an idea of how long the aio would need to cure before applying 3 in 1? Guessing 12-24 hours but looking for insight. Thanks!

MisterSnoop
03-30-2022, 09:19 AM
I don't think I've heard a number but I'd also expect 12-24 hrs before applying 3in1.

Bosko
03-30-2022, 09:25 AM
I would go 24(dry)...apply 3 in 1....go 12-24(dry).... will put you in really good shape for sure

BTLew81
03-30-2022, 09:46 AM
Thank you. Interested in using the aio, 3 in 1 and then maintaining with ceramic speed shine. I think that would be a killer combo.

crg001
03-30-2022, 09:57 AM
If you're using it with a machine polisher, I would imagine that the heat generated during the polishing process would cut down the cure time significantly as compared to being hand applied. For example, CarPro USA recommends waiting at least one hour after polishing with Essence (a ceramic primer polish) before topping with any sort of wax or sealant. I would be comfortable with topping up the Griot's Ceramic AIO with their 3-in-1 ceramic wax immediately after finishing the car with the polish, but for best results probably wait an hour or two.

I'm surprised this isn't even on Griot's website yet. Very curious about this polish's characteristics.

MisterSnoop
03-30-2022, 10:15 AM
I'm surprised this isn't even on Griot's website yet. Very curious about this polish's characteristics.

It was on the website for like 2 days at the beginning of this month for $13.99 and then they removed it. Maybe they're just in damage control mode and sending all they have to resellers to keep them from getting pissed off since it was delayed so long? It is strange that they've been completely silent about it.

crg001
03-30-2022, 10:25 AM
It was on the website for like 2 days at the beginning of this month for $13.99 and then they removed it. Maybe they're just in damage control mode and sending all they have to resellers to keep them from getting pissed off since it was delayed so long? It is strange that they've been completely silent about it.

Very strange indeed :dunno:

oneheadlite
03-30-2022, 11:27 AM

They've talked about the delayed release in videos. I haven't watched any of them but I thought (like so many products) it's materials shortages.

You could always call their customer service line during the day and speak to someone and see what they say regarding cure time and topping.

chilly
03-30-2022, 12:00 PM
The only place I found where it can be ordered is taking Pre-Orders only and showing a delivery date of 5/20/22

MisterSnoop
03-30-2022, 12:09 PM
The only place I found where it can be ordered is taking Pre-Orders only and showing a delivery date of 5/20/22There's an auto parts store that has been getting it. I confirmed it at my local store.

They've talked about the delayed release in videos. I haven't watched any of them but I thought (like so many products) it's materials shortages.

You could always call their customer service line during the day and speak to someone and see what they say regarding cure time and topping.

Yeah, the delay was due to one material that was coming from Japan.

chilly
03-30-2022, 12:21 PM
I finally got my GG 3-1 Wax but didn't have time to try it out

I will be back in Hawaii on June 1st so now I am thinking I should scout out some of the new GG Ceramic AIO and give my car a quick once over and apply the GG 3-1 Wax, and use the GG Ceramic Speed Detailer as a drying aid

It would be a cool experiment to compare it to 3D Speed/Poxy/OCW

Odrapnew
03-30-2022, 01:05 PM
Hmm, this stuff has peeked my interest.
Local autoparts stores have it for 24.99 (16oz), but they also have a buy 2 Griots products, get $5 off.

I need some wash soap, wonder if I should pick up some Brilliant Finish or Ceramic wash to go with it.
Thoughts?

briarpatch
03-31-2022, 04:57 PM
Okay...I must have missed the press conference......what the heck are you guys talking about?

Bosko
03-31-2022, 05:04 PM
Okay...I must have missed the press conference......what the heck are you guys talking about?

What do you need to know?

https://i.imgur.com/WgYE6fh.png

MisterSnoop
03-31-2022, 05:47 PM

Griot's Garage LIVE: From SEMA! New Product Showca - YouTube (https://youtu.be/ftasJNNvsK0?t=268)

Griot's Garage LIVE: New Products + Glass Polish - YouTube (https://youtu.be/tQONdvbaik4?t=829)