PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang dgps

fech
04-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Quick question. I just bought the Carnauba Moose Wax and was curious if I could put it over my Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant? I wish I would have thought of that first because if I can't, I will just use one of my old waxes. Sorry that I ask so many questions, but I'm still relatively new to the detailing aspects of cars.

Mike T
04-18-2008, 07:35 PM
I have never used CMW, So I'm not sure how strong it is. It could remove your sealant. If you apply the wax before the sealant, the sealant will not be able to properly bond to the finish. After applying the sealant you should wait at least 12hrs for the sealant to cure before topping with your LSP (Last Step Product).

wytstang
04-19-2008, 12:12 AM
I've never read that it has any cleaners, there Moose Wax is a cleaner wax. So I would assume you can use it over WG DGS as long as it has had time to cure (WG). It would be a good idea to contact Clearkote and ask if it has any cleaners.

supercharged
04-19-2008, 03:47 AM
any pure wax (with no cleaners) can go on the top of sealant after it cured for at least 12 hours.

fech
04-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Thanks. I didn't think it would be a problem, but I'll still call and make sure.

Mike T
04-19-2008, 11:56 AM
According to this description, CMW is a cleaner wax.

"1.An excellent cleaner/wax used to remove oxidation from all paint, plastic and fiberglass surfaces.
2. Removes grime and road film."

Thlian
04-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Rest for 12 hours???

Damn, I have to clean my car again before doin that.