PDA

View Full Version : Jescar Power Lock or Ultra Lock Plus or Menzerna Power Lock

jeff1
03-29-2022, 05:53 PM
Hi guys,
Since I assume Menzerna Power Lock and Jescar Power Lock are the same product, I'll ask my question this way.
Do any of you prefer Jescar Ultra Lock Plus or do you prefer Power Lock?
I have never used Jescar Ultra Lock Plus but I do know that Power Lock is a great product.
Also,do you guys use it by hand or machine? The last I used Power Lock,I did by hand, but this time I think I'll try it with a DA, with some type of a good finishing pad.

Thanks,

Rsurfer
03-29-2022, 06:34 PM
I believe the older Power Lock is easier to apply and remove. Durability compared to Ultra Lock Plus, :dunno:

Kamakaz1961
03-29-2022, 06:51 PM
I use Powerlock and I am assuming there would be no difference with Jescar. Either way, they are both excellent brands. Jescar is Menzerna of USA.

Rsurfer
03-29-2022, 07:10 PM
Ultra Lock Plus is new and infused with SiO2, whereas Power Lock is a polymer sealant.

jeff1
03-29-2022, 08:10 PM
Thanks guys.:xyxthumbs: I'll probably just stick with the old Power Lock. Maybe I'll get modern one of these days and try some SiO2 stuff,lol:D
It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Desertnate
03-30-2022, 07:57 AM
Thanks guys.:xyxthumbs: I'll probably just stick with the old Power Lock. Maybe I'll get modern one of these days and try some SiO2 stuff,lol:D
It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Moving to a sealant infused with SiO2 is a pretty gentle shift into the world of those types of products IMO. I've used Wolfgang's SiO2 Paint Sealant a couple times and really liked it. If the Jescar/Menzerna products take a similar approach you'll see the look of the sealant be a little more glassy and the water behavior will be more coating-like with the tighter beads and improved sheeting.

jeff1
03-30-2022, 09:16 AM
Moving to a sealant infused with SiO2 is a pretty gentle shift into the world of those types of products IMO. I've used Wolfgang's SiO2 Paint Sealant a couple times and really liked it. If the Jescar/Menzerna products take a similar approach you'll see the look of the sealant be a little more glassy and the water behavior will be more coating-like with the tighter beads and improved sheeting.

Sounds interesting. I might have to give it a try. I love to see the water sheet off the paint. Thanks, Desertnate:xyxthumbs:

jsilver6
03-30-2022, 07:22 PM
I use Powerlock and I am assuming there would be no difference with Jescar. Either way, they are both excellent brands. Jescar is Menzerna of USA.

Actually, Jescar is the importer of Menzerna products in USA. Jescar offers a completely different and unique product line that is in no way the same as Menzerna. Power Lock (latest version is Power Lock Plus) is a Jescar developed, manufactured and sold product and is in no way the same product as the sealant that Menzerna sells. In addition to the Power Lock Plus sealant Jescar also offers the new Ultra Lock Plus which builds on PL+ performance with ceramic technology for longer life and enhanced water beading. Unfortunate confusion when Menzerna decided to use the same name as the Jescar sealant and we certainly regret the confusion.

Jeff Silver
Jescar Finishing Products