PDA

View Full Version : ONR vs N-914

Pages : [1] 2 3

CleanIT
03-25-2022, 10:23 PM
(1) Unscientific yet scientific testing of rinseless washes. First up ONR vs MCKEES N-914 : AutoDetailing (reddit.com) (https://www.reddit.com/r/AutoDetailing/comments/tmvmis/unscientific_yet_scientific_testing_of_rinseless/)

Interesting results:

Testing encapsulation in a bucket with rinseless wash products. : AutoDetailing (https://www.reddit.com/r/AutoDetailing/comments/tn9lne/testing_encapsulation_in_a_bucket_with_rinseless/)

evo77
03-25-2022, 11:01 PM
I'm all for a little science every once in a while but there comes a certain point where if something works, it just works and that's it. Personally I think its pointless the lengths people go to for testing auto detailing products.

I've used both ONR and N914 and I prefer N914 over any other RW. I don't care what its made with or how its made or even how it works. I just know it cleans my vehicles without marring and I enjoy the user experience. ;)

noorth
03-25-2022, 11:23 PM
N914 was my favorite product last year, it changed the way i detail and specifically how i prep the paint for polishing. Basically i done a traditional wash about a week before i started polishing the panels. I simply used the waterless solution to clean up the little bit of dirt and straight to clay. It totally removes pesky water in all the cracks getting on the pads. it was way more fun frankly.

Coatingsarecrack
03-26-2022, 03:09 AM
Those write up show that ONR does a better job of bringing dirt to the bottom.

Most of us use the multiple towel method so that doesn’t really register.

Does not show better encapsulation or cleaning power which is what i’d like to know what cleans the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Guz
03-26-2022, 12:56 PM
Eh these are the same people debunking the bucket wash and like forensic about the pre-rinse thing. There is nothing scientific in any of these tests. Don't pay any attention to the noise. Which is why I unsubscribed from all the youtube detailers.

This test comes off as someone who is brand loyal and was upset that ONR gets bumped below N914.

dlc95
03-26-2022, 02:07 PM
Granted, I poisoned myself with industrial strength Goof Off aerosol adhesive remover last Wednesday at work, but I'm having a difficult time deciphering the point.

His Kool Aid must be blue instead of green?

psnt1ol
03-26-2022, 02:21 PM
There are more than one way to skin a cat... I personally prefer other RW besides ONR but I met many that swears by it. Its works for them and that's all it counts. I just prefer a RW that has better lubricity, cleaning power, and able to foam up while leaving nothing behind. Between the 2 (ONR or N-914), I would choose N-914. Got a bottle of Feynlab RW coming so I will see how that works. LOL

VISITOR
03-26-2022, 08:33 PM
like any product, try both and see what YOU like and keep using it...

craigdt
03-27-2022, 09:38 AM
I love me a good attempt at a test, but ill just lob this grenade over the fence:
I wish ONR still had the old scent.
The old smell was "fruity old man house" and the new one is "old grape juice".

vaca22
03-27-2022, 06:07 PM
I love me a good attempt at a test, but ill just lob this grenade over the fence:
I wish ONR still had the old scent.
The old smell was "fruity old man house" and the new one is "old grape juice".

I was happy with the smell straight out of the bottle, but it really loses its mojo once it gets diluted in the water.

CleanIT
03-28-2022, 10:55 AM
There's more than one way to cook an egg. :)

PaulMys
03-28-2022, 04:54 PM
With all of the tests and opinions out there today, it is very hard (at least for me sometimes) to go into a "comparison test" with a 100% open mind.

You read SO many opinions/testimonials about how "X" is SO much better than "Y", that when you, yourself try "X", you are almost making yourself believe that it MUST be better before even applying it.
(Even though "Y" has served you well)

All of that said, I like ONR and N-914. But I like Uber just a bit better. IMO........

Coatingsarecrack
03-29-2022, 01:03 AM
With all of the tests and opinions out there today, it is very hard (at least for me sometimes) to go into a "comparison test" with a 100% open mind.

You read SO many opinions/testimonials about how "X" is SO much better than "Y", that when you, yourself try "X", you are almost making yourself believe that it MUST be better before even applying it.

All of that said, I like ONR and N-914. But I like Uber just a bit better. IMO........

You try Griots Brilliant Finish RW yet?

chilly
03-29-2022, 01:06 AM

Yup

Or you buy into the hype, try the product, it sucks, and you wonder what YOU did wrong...

PaulMys
03-29-2022, 07:07 AM
You try Griots Brilliant Finish RW yet?

Of course. [emoji16]