PDA

View Full Version : Ammo NYC products?

Pages : [1] 2 3

armoredsaint
03-25-2022, 11:06 AM
So I found his channel on youtube a couple of weeks ago and his products look intriguing and I am curious in trying it out.

Your thoughts and opinions?

AMMO NYC (https://ammonyc.com/)

Kamakaz1961
03-25-2022, 12:49 PM
I am assuming they are good. That being said, they are on the more expensive side. I just stick with Blackfire Menzerna and a couple other product brands AGO sells.

Bruno Soares
03-25-2022, 01:58 PM
Since it’s not sold at autogeek we shouldn’t really discuss or link those products. I guess they’re high quality but I haven’t tried many, only Frothe which I find ok, nothing spectacular due to the mess it makes. It has a purpose and if I can, I’ll use a rinseless over waterless any day.

Epilogts
03-25-2022, 02:02 PM
I enjoy Larry and his content. I’ve been watching him probably longer than I’ve been on AG.

I think he’s a good resource for strategies on how to take care of a vehicle inside and out, as well as advanced polishing and a few tricks and techniques.

Frothe is one of Larry’s products that I see being mentioned on AG more than any of his other products…

I’m sure his products are solid but you’ll generally pay a little more for not having to do your own research. If you’re willing to spend just a little time on the forums you can probably find things that work as well or better for a little cheaper.

Rsurfer
03-25-2022, 03:25 PM
I enjoy Larry and his content. I’ve been watching him probably longer than I’ve been on AG.

I think he’s a good resource for strategies on how to take care of a vehicle inside and out, as well as advanced polishing and a few tricks and techniques.

Frothe is one of Larry’s products that I see being mentioned on AG more than any of his other products…

I’m sure his products are solid but you’ll generally pay a little more for not having to do your own research. If you’re willing to spend just a little time on the forums you can probably find things that work as well or better for a little cheaper.

Couldn't have said it better.:dblthumb2:

luckydawg
03-25-2022, 04:06 PM
overpriced
I tried a couple of things
wont be buying anything else from larry

glen e
03-25-2022, 04:22 PM
Yup, good but overpriced….

Coatingsarecrack
03-25-2022, 04:41 PM
I love Frothe personally and feel it is safer than any other waterless rinseless product i’ve used as i feel it gives the most lubricity.

It is a bit messy but once you get to use to the spray pattern it’s easier to control overspray. Will always be in my arsenal.

If you use drying aids Hydrate is the best in class product i’ve used. The PFM’s I use seem to glide over the paint. Doesn’t leave much behind but i am not looking for protection out of my drying aids.

I haven’t used much else is i have products that are less that do a great job but may give his wheel soap, reflex pro topcoat and Spit a try on my next order.

His products are expensive but i feel there isn’t much on the market that compares to Frothe and Hydrate and definitely worth the money.

Adam’s has a foaming waterless i may try but just like car shampoo’s there could be a quality/performance difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evo77
03-25-2022, 11:08 PM
So I found his channel on youtube a couple of weeks ago and his products look intriguing and I am curious in trying it out.

Your thoughts and opinions?

AMMO NYC (https://ammonyc.com/)

Man how long have you been away from the detailing scene that you haven't heard of Larry and his AmmoNYC channel in the past 5-8 years? LOL

DFB
03-26-2022, 03:04 AM
(Note - I know this brand is not sold here, however I am passionate about products from all brands, so I'm not making comments with the intent on undermining Autogeek or trying to sell product.)

I really like the content Larry makes. He has a great way of showing what he is doing but also why. Of course this content is also a product placement, helping to sell his AMMO line. I have no problem with that, that's how business works.

In terms of the products, they are expensive, especially for mugs like me who live outside the USA. Again, I want to point out that I love the product chase, so buying a few products here and there is not a big issue. These are not the products for professional use, and I mean that in the sense that they are not economically viable for cleaning multiple cars each week. They are high quality products geared towards someone who wants to play around with products like me, or someone who is maintaining a couple of special cars. Having a steady stream of videos to show how and where to use each product is also valuable.

I have a couple of his products I'm playing with, Hydrate, Mud and Brute are in my rotation at the moment.

https://i.postimg.cc/BZ7kbcrP/IMG_0949.jpg (https://postimg.cc/BtDMwDQJ)

Tasmania
03-26-2022, 03:42 AM
I have his glass cleaner Obey but still yet to try

chilly
03-26-2022, 12:05 PM
I never tried his products but I really enjoy his videos

As others have already said he takes the time to explain the WHY, he is super quick to showcase other less well known but equally skillful detailers, he seems humble and genuine, and he gives credit where credit is due for his knowledge base

His products are way out of my price range but I appreciate he has some unique offerings and he has worked hard to develop and promote his products while seeming to remain genuine

Rsurfer
03-26-2022, 02:42 PM

As others have already said he takes the time to explain the WHY, he is super quick to showcase other less well known but equally skillful detailers, he seems humble and genuine, and he gives credit where credit is due for his knowledge base

His products are way out of my price range but I appreciate he has some unique offerings and he has worked hard to develop and promote his products while seeming to remain genuine

Ask Donna to give you a bigger detailing allowance.:D

chilly
03-26-2022, 02:47 PM
Ask Donna to give you a bigger detailing allowance.:D

Hey Ron

Honestly it’s more me not wanting to pay those prices

I’m sure it’s great stuff and for many hobbyists it’s more than justified

I just have a problem with the “$69 a bottle where the sprayer is bigger than the product bottle” brands

I’ll get roasted for that but that’s fine

To each his own

Peace

Coatingsarecrack
03-26-2022, 03:06 PM

He was one of the ones i watched most along with dallas paint correction when i started. I no longer watch DPC anymore but still Larry’s.

He will obviously have video’s showcasing his products but i feel most of his video’s showcase the procedure and he will happily tell you to use your favorite. He doesn’t talk bad about other detailers or products.

I was in the same boat about pricing (i know shipping for you is alot) and only started to try his products with Frothe.

I like rinseless but even with the best technique i believe you are going to get wash induced marring more so than a bucket wash.

I get that the encapsulate and you can minimize contact with proper technique but you still have to get off the paint. It does not magically imbed into your wash media.

The thought of a foam encapsulating it seems like it would do a better job so i tried it. Haven’t looked back.

He also 100% recommends a bucket wash over Frothe. This was just his best solution when you can’t or are too lazy.