PDA

View Full Version : BEST Wash Mitt:

Pages : [1] 2

myfxt
04-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Could someone kindly point me to the best wash mitt to use? Sheepskin? ScMitt foam? Natural Sponge?

Thanks!!

Feed back please

makdaddy626
04-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Could someone kindly point me to the best wash mitt to use? Sheepskin? ScMitt foam? Natural Sponge?

Thanks!!

Feed back please

It's right there on the page that shows the "BEST" shampoo, wax, sealant, polishes, etc. :cheers: Just kidding around with you, like everything else in detailing, there isn't really a "BEST" just personal preference and choices.

Even the criteria used to determine "BEST" is open for debate, with a wash mitt what would be the most important thing to YOU?

Ease of cleaning after use
Ability to hold tons of soap and water
Longevity

I like both the Schmitt and the UltiMitt - ultimitt gets the nod for longevity, but I think Schmitt is more flexible and I like that it's white (you can see how dirty it is). I've also been using the $2.00 Home Depot grout sponges and like them as well.

myfxt
04-18-2008, 02:46 PM
mm...I agree with you, makdaddy626. Let me put it this way, which is the wash mitt that you like the BEST for washing your car with? :p

MadOzodi
04-18-2008, 04:36 PM
If my car is really filthy, I'll use a MF chenille mit, which I also use for an ONR wash. I recently tried the white/yellow SchMITT after using the Ulti-Mit all last year and I like how it's lighter and more flexible. I guess for me it all depends on how dirty the car is. Least dirty I'd use the SchMITT, then the Ulti-Mit and finally the MF chenille mit.

I'm gonna wait for a while before I try out the SchMITT GS and the Lowes GS.

carguy
04-18-2008, 05:41 PM
If my car is really filthy, I'll use a MF chenille mit, which I also use for an ONR wash. I recently tried the white/yellow SchMITT after using the Ulti-Mit all last year and I like how it's lighter and more flexible. I guess for me it all depends on how dirty the car is. Least dirty I'd use the SchMITT, then the Ulti-Mit and finally the MF chenille mit.

I'm gonna wait for a while before I try out the SchMITT GS and the Lowes GS.

The grout sponge from lowes are a lot better than hd ones. Go to the flooring dept and get the ones from Tilesolutions the are orange and one has a white pad on the back. Work well for me.

budman3
04-18-2008, 06:17 PM
I personally like the Lake Country Ulti-mitts for normal washing and sea sponges for ONR and QEW rinseless washing.

Jimmie
04-18-2008, 06:37 PM
My favorite is still the ShMitt. I got a long time use before the second one started to separate. I "Gorilla" glued it back and got another three months before it started to separate again. Then I just cut the whole backing and glue off and can't even count the washes since. I love it without the back. It's easy to use that way.

David Fermani
04-18-2008, 08:46 PM
The grout sponge from lowes are a lot better than hd ones.

In what way? Please elaborate.....Feed back please

NSXTASY
04-18-2008, 10:41 PM
The grout sponge from lowes are a lot better than hd ones. Go to the flooring dept and get the ones from Tilesolutions the are orange and one has a white pad on the back. Work well for me.

Personally, I like the HD GS better than the Lowes sponge, the Lowes GS is far too coarse, whereas the HD GS is dense and soft.

The sponge your talking about is generally not the one that people use when they refer to "Lowes" GS. That white backing is scary.

My .02

High quality 100% Sheepskin from Excel and Shmitts are my favorite.

Surfer
04-18-2008, 11:58 PM
Schmitt

supercharged
04-19-2008, 03:51 AM
Shmitt is the best mitt!

myfxt
05-05-2008, 11:28 AM
After reading through some rinseless products like ONR & DP 4-in-1, I was tempted to try them. However, is there a specific wash mitt that does well with these rinseless stuffs? Any concern on density, ability to hold wash solution....etc? Please advice...

myfxt
05-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Is GS still a good option for rinseless products?

Meghan
05-05-2008, 11:51 AM
I like the sea sponge, holds just enough and is very soft once it is wet. But outside of that I use boarhair brush with a handle, makes washing much faster!

budman3
05-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Is GS still a good option for rinseless products?

After reading through some rinseless products like ONR & DP 4-in-1, I was tempted to try them. However, is there a specific wash mitt that does well with these rinseless stuffs? Any concern on density, ability to hold wash solution....etc? Please advice...

I personally like the Lake Country Ulti-mitts for normal washing and sea sponges for ONR and QEW rinseless washing.

GS are not good for rinseless washing, IMO. The dirt has no where to go and will likely stay between the paint and sponge, causing marring. I tried using one and it swirled pretty badly, whereas using a wool sea sponge hasn't left any. GS work well with normal washes because of the added lubricity of more soap, water and suds.