PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Black Cars

angrypressmn
04-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Newbie doing my 1st detail. In process of doing the hood of my 03 Black TrailBlazer , I wash & Clayed car, then using Flex xc 3401 with White Cobra cross goove pad spread nickel size PoorBoys 2.5 in 2x2 section at speed of 2 and work in at speed 4-5 2 passes still heavy swirls so step up to orange Cobra pad also did 2 passes Seem to improve but not where I want to be,I'm polishing in direct sun light Am I not working polish long enough should I do more passes? Any suggestion ? Here are couple pictures of the hood 1st shot is "after" the next 2 are "before" will post after shots in thread below sorry about mix up

pampos
04-18-2008, 02:29 PM
try on speed 5.5-6.

makdaddy626
04-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Are those before or after shots?

Looks like it may be the leftover marring from the orange pad and possibly not working the polishes long enough (I'm not familiar with the SSR polishes). I think Budman3 has a great "Tips for using SSR2.5" link in his sig... check it out and see if won't help you.

angrypressmn
04-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Follow up pictures of hood "after polishing" with 2.5 from above thread sorry about mix up of pictures newbie to uploading pictures too!

Z06-Goose
04-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Maybe it needs to be worked in slow passes
I'm not all familiar with the 2.5 so I wouldn't know if it's not up to the task. Chevy clearcoats I've found to be pretty hard in just about all the ones I've worked on, not just Corvettes...

tripperfx3
04-19-2008, 03:16 AM
To be honest I've had more success with my UDM with SSR 2.5 than I have with Menz. SIP. I used 2.5 with a white pad at speed 6 on my Evo and got EVERY single swirl out. I agree with what everyone is saying. Try it again with a white pad on speed 6 and see what happens after that. Also what are you using for a follow up polish?