PDA

View Full Version : Post office/mail rant...

PA DETAILER
03-21-2022, 11:07 AM
I know nothing is perfect, but delivering and picking up mail is not rocket science. Guess we are old school. We still write checks and pay bills by mail. Is what it is and we like it that way. That's TWICE now bills have been lost in the mail! This time around it was Directv. Checked the bank and sure enough, checks were not cashed. PITA. Called Directv and explained what happened. As soon as i saw the bill this month, i knew what happened. Full payment went out today. I realize we are not out any money, but really? How hard is mail delivery and pick up? RANT OFF.

Eldorado2k
03-21-2022, 11:30 AM
You gotta quit being old school. I used to be the same way, heck I used to buy money orders and take my stack of bills to the post office to mail them off. Big waste of time.

Nowadays I pay all my bills on my phone with the touch of a button or they get automatically debited each month from my account. Super simple, super fast, never late and I don’t have to leave the house at all.

Bill D
03-21-2022, 11:45 AM
Before long paying bills online is going to be the only option as everyone will be expected to have some kind of internet connection. I pay mine via credit card and have more points than I know what to do with.

Texchappy
03-21-2022, 11:46 AM
Are you sure it’s not rocket science?
Rocket Mail - YouTube (https://youtu.be/XUFmE-JDido)

Bruno Soares
03-21-2022, 12:29 PM
I only use the post office if I have no other way to get it done. I haven't paid a bill by mail in a long time. And if shipping something, I'll pay extra and use UPS/FedEx. The USPS is so incompetent I don't trust them with any of my mail/package needs.

Silly Rabbit
03-21-2022, 01:01 PM
I know nothing is perfect, but delivering and picking up mail is not rocket science. Guess we are old school. We still write checks and pay bills by mail. Is what it is and we like it that way. That's TWICE now bills have been lost in the mail! This time around it was Directv. Checked the bank and sure enough, checks were not cashed. PITA. Called Directv and explained what happened. As soon as i saw the bill this month, i knew what happened. Full payment went out today. I realize we are not out any money, but really? How hard is mail delivery and pick up? RANT OFF.

Nope, I'm similar to you. I pay all my bills the tradition way. I work right near my bank so all bills are paid walking in and getting a stamp on the bill. I really have no use or trust in online banking. I also like cash, it has been the basis for centuries, I still prefer it thank you.

Eldorado2k
03-21-2022, 01:07 PM
Nope, I'm similar to you. I pay all my bills the tradition way. I work right near my bank so all bills are paid walking in and getting a stamp on the bill. I really have no use or trust in online banking. I also like cash, it has been the basis for centuries, I still prefer it thank you.

Are you posting on here via PC?

vaca22
03-21-2022, 03:06 PM
I've had my fair share of problems with the mail. Sometimes certain bills are delivered on time, other times VERY late. I've also sent plenty of mail that never got to the destination.

Worst of all are packages sent via USPS. My mail carrier has delivered to the wrong address numerous times, and many of those times whoever the unintended recipient was opened the package!

Bill D
03-21-2022, 03:18 PM
I had my mail box knocked over twice in a three month period and always get the mail of a guy down the street. Good luck complaining to the postmaster general. I never mail anything from my house. I mail it directly from the PO and pray it will get to where it's going competently

Amazon can be just as bad. I had a package delivered next door.

It seems any postal related profession is riddled with incompetence. It's a pity

Silly Rabbit
03-21-2022, 03:19 PM
Yep, and I am not doing personal financial transactions here either.

Bill D
03-21-2022, 03:25 PM
Oh yeah, I once had to send out a large check and the recipient received it shredded! From now on if I have to do such a thing and there's no way around it, I send it in a box.

PaulMys
03-21-2022, 05:00 PM
We had the best mailman for years. Really great dude.

He would always have treats for the neighborhood dogs and cats, and he was very courteous. When Covid hit, he decided to retire. I'm estimating he was in his mid-60's.

Now, with his numerous (younger) replacements, I'm lucky if I can get them to even close my fu*king gate properly. Let alone give me the correct mail.

First, it started with getting my neighbors' mail. OK..... same street, different house number.

Now, I'm getting mail from across town. Not once in a while, but more like 3 times a week. Like others have said, complaining does absolutely nothing.

Pretty damning testament to our education system, IMO. :mad:

opie
03-21-2022, 05:37 PM
Are you sure it’s not rocket science?
Rocket Mail - YouTube (https://youtu.be/XUFmE-JDido)Holy heck...havent seen your name pop up in a while! Just in time for spring lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

opie
03-21-2022, 05:43 PM
The nice thing about paying bills online.....you can take a screen shot of the comformation page that says it went through. Its a cover your own azz thing.

Its your word against the mail mans( or im sorry nowadays "mail person") when you try to tell someone that you did put the bill in the mailbox.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
03-21-2022, 05:55 PM
The nice thing about paying bills online.....you can take a screen shot of the comformation page that says it went through. Its a cover your own azz thing.

Exactly. Plus balancing the checkbook is even easier and more accurate when done digitally, for people who are into doing that.