PDA

View Full Version : So maybe I am crazy, lol Anyone else??

Silly Rabbit
03-19-2022, 01:30 PM
So I'm just rambling here. Like most hobbies or interests in things people love, there are always quirks or things people do. Just wondering if I am the only one with any habits of the hobby?
I, like everyone on here, try to make my hard earned bought detail (or anything I buy) products last as best they can for the life of them. I have certain waxes sealed up nice sitting in the fridge. I keep all my products in the basement or laundry room so winter months won't freeze them. But I wondered today while doing my periodic 'shake 'em up' routine if I am alone in this? I just for whatever reason, shake up all my products, as in my head it keeps them 'fresher'... is the best way to cover the thought shall we say. It is such a habit that I caught myself in a Walmart standing looking at the auto detail supplies and had a bottle of Megs Hybrid Ceramic Wax (blue bottle) lightly shaking it as I shook the other 3 bottles on the shelf as I lined them up straighter on the shelf. A lady walked by with a 'what are you doing?' Look on her face, HAHAHA.
Some habits break hard, when I was in high school and after I worked for a school board cleaning after school. I spray buffed ALOT of floors. To this day I walk through a store and see a small black mark on a well maintained shiney floor, usually caused by footwear so comes off easy, I instictly scuff it off with the toe of my shoe. Just habit from appreciating someones hard work.
So am I the only one with little habits?:wave:

Klasse Act
03-19-2022, 01:34 PM
I touch my products during the winter, straighten them up, etc. I do maintain my car during the winter so I'm always in my detailing closet[emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Bosko
03-19-2022, 01:36 PM
LOL!!!
The refrigerator for me.....and I just did this again an hour ago....all shelfs have to be clean...everything facing forward

chilly
03-19-2022, 01:37 PM
Here’s my quirk and I have wanted to ask others about how they roll but didn’t want to get laughed at

If I am using a sprayer with an adjustable nozzle I habitually close the nozzle after I use it, then I lose a bit of product the next time until I get it readjusted

I guess my mind thinks if I leave it open and adjusted then product will evaporate or something

It was the worst when I used Hyper-Polish and Hyper-Compound

I would waste 2-3 sprays getting it adjusted again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silly Rabbit
03-19-2022, 01:44 PM
I also want the best performance out of every product, so be it a wax/sealant, polish, compound, etc. EVERYTIME I go to add a new amount to applicator I give a shake. Like I want the best of the product mix.
And I also have the habit of every product has it's place and how it should sit in the cabinets.

chilly
03-19-2022, 02:05 PM
I doubt I have ever gotten through a correction or polish without shaking a product bottle I forgot to close the spout on at least once

Product volcano

BudgetPlan1
03-19-2022, 02:17 PM
If I am using a sprayer with an adjustable nozzle I habitually close the nozzle after I use it, then I lose a bit of product the next time until I get it readjusted

Guilty [emoji1]

Uncbrs
03-19-2022, 02:41 PM
Here’s my quirk and I have wanted to ask others about how they roll but didn’t want to get laughed at

I guess my mind thinks if I leave it open and adjusted then product will evaporate or something

It was the worst when I used Hyper-Polish and Hyper-Compound

I would waste 2-3 sprays getting it adjusted again

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAlso guilty but mostly because inevitably if I don't an unintended spray will occur. Might be in the house when I pick it up or on the dogs as I carry it to the garage to use. I just feel better knowing it's closed.

That said, from the looks of other responses, if anyone saw my winter storage method (rush to get everything inside and leave it randomly in various basement locations), some of you might die a little inside. I've been able to determine that my garage rarely hits below 45 degrees so maybe it's all for nothing. [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

chilly
03-19-2022, 02:59 PM
Also guilty but mostly because inevitably if I don't an unintended spray will occur. Might be in the house when I pick it up or on the dogs as I carry it to the garage to use. I just feel better knowing it's closed.

That said, from the looks of other responses, if anyone saw my winter storage method (rush to get everything inside and leave it randomly in various basement locations), some of you might die a little inside. I've been able to determine that my garage rarely hits below 45 degrees so maybe it's all for nothing. [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

My situation was always either a heated finished garage or Hawaii

Never even thought about you guys having to protect your stuffs during the winter