PDA

View Full Version : Ph neutral shampoo

Pages : [1] 2

Luket
03-17-2022, 08:00 AM
I have been buying inexpensive car shampoo.
Are most cheap car shampoos NOT phnuetral and not good to use ?
thanks

Bill D
03-17-2022, 08:06 AM
I don't know its pH off hand, but I find 3D Pink Soap to be effective and economical. No worries about it harming the finish or anything like that.

Desertnate
03-17-2022, 08:23 AM
For cheap products think it all depends on the soap and the dilution you are using. Hard to say using broad generalities. From what I've seen/read even the more expensive ones might show they are slightly non-neutral even after properly diluted, but no more than the actual water you are using, so they shouldn't degrade any LSP on the car.

The real advantage I've seen in using quality soaps has nothing to do with where they land on the pH scale but in other properties. I've found the betters ones to have better lubrication, clean better, and rinse off far more cleanly which leads to fewer water spots.

Another benefit to some, like Hyperwash, is their high concentration level which makes them fairly economical. A little goes a very long way. The gallon jug might cost more up front, but when you only use 3~4oz in a 5 gallon bucket, that jug will last a very long time compared to a "lesser" soap that takes more per bucket and you go through it faster.

Bill D
03-17-2022, 08:59 AM
Even in a foam gun using the extreme wash method, a gallon jug is economical.

I go through A LOT of soap when I wash, would never use buckets, and I still don't really feel a financial pinch. Soaps like Hyper wash and 3D Pink work welll

briarpatch
03-17-2022, 10:48 AM
thanks

Just out of curiosity...what soap are you using?

Luket
03-17-2022, 01:34 PM
Just a cheap orriellys

Luket
03-17-2022, 01:35 PM
Who makes hyperwash

Bill D
03-17-2022, 01:59 PM
It's Meguiars Hyperrwash

Luket
03-17-2022, 02:01 PM
Thx

briarpatch
03-17-2022, 04:00 PM
Thx

Pick some up...you will like it

Luket
03-18-2022, 08:26 AM
Purchased a gallon of hyper. Will report back. Thanks

evo77
03-18-2022, 06:50 PM
Purchased a gallon of hyper. Will report back. Thanks

Hyperwash is super concentrated and thick. You only need 1 OUNCE in 4 gallons. That will be plenty for great lubrication. Mix it well in the bucket. I like to use a paint mixer (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I210I6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) on a drill. Its a great soap and I use it often.

Adding anything more than an ounce is a waste and you'll be leaving a lot of soap residue on the paint which will be harder to rinse away. I say this because there are a lot of folks that use the "glug-glug" method or just carelessly throw a crap load of soap in the bucket which is unnecessary.

Bill D
03-18-2022, 06:56 PM
I have yet to try HW. I wonder if I can cut back when using it in my foam gun.

noorth
03-19-2022, 01:34 AM
Hyperwash is super concentrated and thick. You only need 1 OUNCE in 4 gallons. That will be plenty for great lubrication. Mix it well in the bucket. I like to use a paint mixer (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I210I6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) on a drill. Its a great soap and I use it often.

Adding anything more than an ounce is a waste and you'll be leaving a lot of soap residue on the paint which will be harder to rinse away. I say this because there are a lot of folks that use the "glug-glug" method or just carelessly throw a crap load of soap in the bucket which is unnecessary.

Thats hardcore!

TTQ B4U
03-19-2022, 11:42 AM
thanks

I use CarPro Reset. It's pricey but worth it. Look into the IK12 Sprayer/foam canon. I don't use a foam gun but rather the IK as I can control the pH far more accurately.

https://pbase.com/timothylauro/image/172435516/original.jpg