PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Dilema

mml665
03-15-2022, 09:32 AM
Apparently my son thought it was a good idea to apply Turtle Wax the liquid not the paste on his headlights. Well now he has white in all of the pits/imperfections on the lenses of the headlights. Could any fellow forum members offer guidance as to how I could repair and restore. I’ve in the past used the 3m drill mounted system on other cars, but I was not really happy with the results. Thank you in advance.

dgage
03-15-2022, 09:59 AM
You could use a wax remover with the main one I’ve used being Blackfire Wax Remover.

As far as repair, I use wet/dry sand paper with a car soap solution and usually start at 500 then go to 800, 1500, 3000 and then compound/polish from there. Then put some form of coating on it. Optimum Opti-Lens is a good one though there are others.

mml665
03-15-2022, 10:44 AM
You could use a wax remover with the main one I’ve used being Blackfire Wax Remover.

As far as repair, I use wet/dry sand paper with a car soap solution and usually start at 500 then go to 800, 1500, 3000 and then compound/polish from there. Then put some form of coating on it. Optimum Opti-Lens is a good one though there are others.

Awesome thank you

glen e
03-15-2022, 01:24 PM
It REALLY helps if you can finish after sanding with a rotary, hybrid wool Pad and a med compound like Meguires ultimate compound.….it makes them crystal clear with just a few passes…. Also you can jump over the intermediate sizes of sandpaper, and go from 400 to 2000 and just sand twice… Before using the rotary