PDA

View Full Version : Having a hard time deciding on a spray hybrid coating

Pages : [1] 2

Berry79
03-13-2022, 05:37 PM
Just picked up my new 2022 F250. I have iron x on the way and already have clay bars, and some sealants at the house. Along with a porter cable polisher. I’ve always done a iron remover followed by clay bar, then polish, ipa, followed up with a liquid sealant. It’s been a few years since my last new vehicle and I keep reading about all these spray hybrid sealers. I’m just having a hard time convincing myself to go that route instead of a liquid sealer. In my head, I just can’t convince myself that something in a spray bottle might be better than a liquid sealer. My new truck is white with a lot of black plastic. This is the reason I’m trying to find something easier to use. It’s a big truck and don’t want to have to tape all the plastic for a liquid sealer. Would rather find something that doesn’t stain the plastic. Are these new hybrids really as good as you tube makes them seem? Mainly looking for longevity UV protection. I would love to do a ceramic coating on the truck but, it’s just to big to fit in the garage. Any info would be great. Would like to get everything ordered and ready for this coming weekend.

glen e
03-13-2022, 06:32 PM
Don’t overthink it, you certainly can read too much on here. Any of the major hybrid spray sealants will work fine, anything from Griots ,Meguires, carpro and all the other majors here do a great job.

Berry79
03-13-2022, 07:41 PM
DonÂ’t overthink it, you certainly can read too much on here. Any of the major hybrid spray sealants will work fine, anything from Griots ,Meguires, carpro and all the other majors here do a great job.
Thanks. I was looking at the griots 3-in-1 ceramic wax. Going to check out the carpro stuff as well

Bosko
03-13-2022, 07:49 PM
this is a nice option as well

https://i.imgur.com/r7Z08rZ.jpg

briarpatch
03-13-2022, 08:24 PM
Thanks. I was looking at the griots 3-in-1 ceramic wax. Going to check out the carpro stuff as well

Griots 3 in 1 will give you good protection and gloss......it's user friendly, reasonably priced and locally available. You'll not regret using it.

noorth
03-13-2022, 09:01 PM
cancoat is your best option.

Coatingsarecrack
03-14-2022, 04:10 AM
Agreed with above if you want to coat. Gyeon’s nee Evo line can be used outside and Cancoat would be a great choice.

For silica infused sealants i like Griots 3-1 or Shine Supply clutch. If You don’t mind spending the money, Polish Angel products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Berry79
03-14-2022, 05:06 AM
Thanks for the advice. Never heard of can coat before. Think I’m going to give that one a try

Desertnate
03-14-2022, 07:42 AM
Something else to think about.

Most of the liquid sealers, at least the couple I've used recently, don't stain trim. You shouldn't have to tape off all of your plastic trim.

The Guz
03-14-2022, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the advice. Never heard of can coat before. Think I’m going to give that one a try

You will enjoy it. Here is my thread on the new Evo version which covers everything you need to know.

Review - Gyeon CanCoat Evo (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/130524-review-gyeon-cancoat-evo.html)

crg001
03-14-2022, 10:43 AM
Griot's 3 in 1 is a great starting point and very easy to use. Spray on towel, wipe on, wipe off with clean towel.

Gyeon Can Coat is largely the same in terms of application, but it is solvent-based and if used too heavy or not fully wiped clean, it will harden and create high spots. Can Coat will also need the surface to be prepared with a prep wipe like Gyeon Prep, Carpro Eraser, or similar product for optimal bonding and durability. Follow the directions and you won't have an issue though. Just takes one or two sprays (directly to the applicator towel) to cover a large area.

PA DETAILER
03-14-2022, 11:16 AM
Your going to get many different responses. I still use and stand by TWHS SC. The ease of use and the look's and protection is what sold me.

Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating 16 oz. (https://www.autogeek.net/hybrid-solutions-ceramic-wax-coating-53409.html)

Bosko
03-14-2022, 11:23 AM
this thread should have been closed after post #2........

And if I read.."It's the best" one more time I'm going to kill a kitten!

Just stop with the....Oh this is best .....LOL

Larry A
03-14-2022, 12:58 PM
Groits 3 and one is a good choice so is TW SEal and Shine

dgage
03-14-2022, 01:27 PM
CanCoat is a solid “lite” ceramic coating but in some cases is better for those than a “true” ceramic coating. What I mean by this is some people like or need to polish their paint or improve yearly. Coatings won’t stop swirls or scratches. If you have a 2-year coating but get scratches, what do you do? CanCoat used to last a year plus with some getting 18 months with careful washing methods. The new Evo CanCoat should easily last a year or 18 months and maybe even two years with careful management though weather conditions and care will affect those numbers. So one could even question the need for a true coating as long as you’re willing to prepare and protect your car once a year. For those of us that like to “touch” our paint more often, CanCoat is a great option and easy to use.

Regarding CanCoat, make sure to watch videos and follow directions as it is pretty much a wipe-on, wipe-off product. The first time I used it, I treated it more like a coating and let it sit for a min. We’ll I got one heck of a forearm workout. :) And even though two coats aren’t needed, they are so quick and easy that I’d likely do two coats just to make sure of full coverage.

Lastly, CanCoat (Evo) is one of those products that I just plan to keep in my DIY arsenal at all times since it is so quick, easy, and durable.