PDA

View Full Version : Griots ceramic 3-1

Pages : [1] 2

rdgrav
03-07-2022, 01:40 PM
I have a couple of questions befor buying this product.

How is the glossy finish (pop) after using this product?

Do you need to throw away your microfiber towels after you use?

MisterSnoop
03-07-2022, 01:50 PM
You don't need to throw away your microfibers but you may want to wash them right after use. You may want to use a microfiber detergent like rags to riches.

Griot's has answered that question here:
FAQ: Can I Reuse Microfiber Towels After Applying a Ceramic Product? - YouTube (https://youtu.be/LcTn_D0_Aow)

WhiteShadow89
03-07-2022, 01:50 PM
It provides enough of a glossy finish that you will be able to tell there is added gloss. No, you do not need to toss your microfiber towels after application.

briarpatch
03-07-2022, 10:05 PM
Only desired characteristic that is missing from this product is slickness. It's user friendly, durable, inexpensive and locally available, though. You'll like it.

Coatingsarecrack
03-07-2022, 10:08 PM
Beading is mediocre also. Protects well just bot tall coating type beads. Sheets the beads well enough. Adds a nice gloss.

Don’t really use anymore but a good product none the less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcgreen
03-07-2022, 10:41 PM
Beading is mediocre also. Protects well just bot tall coating type beads. Sheets the beads well enough. Adds a nice gloss.

Don’t really use anymore but a good product none the less.

What do you use in it's place?

Coatingsarecrack
03-08-2022, 03:53 AM
What do you use in it's place?

PA Cosmic Nova Jet and Lustre. I think they have better beading and water behavior. Just don’t last as long. I apply something at least every 3 months so durability not main concern. Looks and self cleaning are.

A 500 ml bottle cost me about $$100 which is a lot. It lasted me over 3 years so i’m ok with spending $30 a year to give my paint what I feel is the best protection.

I’ll probably be sticking with Polish Angel and try a few new LSP’s next order.

Just to be clear I usually coat my cars and these go ontop

The 3-1 performs very well and alot cheaper. If I were to do this for money it’s what i’d use as 95% of people wouldn’t notice difference.

rdgrav
03-08-2022, 11:21 AM
I am also thinking about buying griots ceramic speed shine as a drying aid whenever I was my cars. Would this add any benefits at all?

briarpatch
03-08-2022, 11:30 AM
I am also thinking about buying griots ceramic speed shine as a drying aid whenever I was my cars. Would this add any benefits at all?

What is already on your car?

Bosko
03-08-2022, 11:47 AM
as a drying aid

You know what works...a towel after a blower....I personally can't stand using any liquid as a drying aid.

Use detailers as toppers after the car is dry and you will get 100% better results....my $0.02

rdgrav
03-08-2022, 02:35 PM
I coated my truck about a year ago with AK and this particular coating is at the end of its life span. I normally use pinnacle crystal mist as a drying aid when I dry my vehicles and I really love the results. I am just wanting to try something new. I have a white 2020 chevy truck and my wife just bought a white 2022 armada. Being I have two larger vehicles to detail right now I am trying to buy supplies that will last me a couple of years.

Desertnate
03-08-2022, 02:56 PM
You don't need to throw away your microfibers but you may want to wash them right after use. You may want to use a microfiber detergent like rags to riches.

Griot's has answered that question here:
FAQ: Can I Reuse Microfiber Towels After Applying a Ceramic Product? - YouTube (https://youtu.be/LcTn_D0_Aow)

This for sure.

The important thing to remember is this isn't a real coating. It's a good spray sealant with some silica in it, but nothing close to many of the high solids coatings in the little bottles. Those will harden the applicator and the buffing rag.

I like 3 in 1 as a gap filler when I need a sealant to last a few months until I do something more durable. The gloss is decent and the durability is a a few months. I'd put the water beading/sheeting slightly above average, but not like a coating or another SiO2 sealant I've used.

zefer
03-10-2022, 04:47 PM
I like this stuff a lot and I have found it to work best with at least 2 coats….I’m from the pinnacle souveren
Camp so I like that deep look…having said that the 3-1 has excellent water behavior and with 2 coats the “pop” is close to a carnuba look. I would say try it is simple to use. I also use the 3-1 wash and the ceramic speed shine all great and very complementary to each other

UncleDavy
03-12-2022, 02:04 PM
I love the look of the Griots 3 in 1 but it can leave streaks on a darker vehicle. A little product goes a long way. It is not as slick as Beadmaker but it leaves a great shine. This is my truck after a layer of 3 in 1.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220312/4fdc78babf13d1f5501ddfec0bc21273.jpg

Bosko
03-14-2022, 02:31 PM
anyone ever put 3 in 1 over top of CSS?