PDA

View Full Version : gyeon primer vs car pro essence

rick100
03-05-2022, 12:31 PM
I m about to purchased the gyeon pure evo coating, I have only used car pro essence with great results, I still have some left in my arsenal. Always had great results with essence, not much cutting power but the finishing its always great. Always used it with carpro coatings/products but this being a gyeon product I m having second thoughts about using essence

I can purchased primer no issues but I want the best finish product on my paint before applying the coating. Is primer a better / equal / worst finish polish than essence? and I should be able to use essence with pure as a coating correct?

The Guz
03-05-2022, 12:55 PM
They are similar. If you use Essence follow up with a panel wipe just to be sure you have no issues.

Rsurfer
03-05-2022, 01:07 PM
They are similar. If you use Essence follow up with a panel wipe just to be sure you have no issues.

:whs:if your using Gyeon..if your using UK3.0 there is no need for a panel wipe unless your trying to remove polishing (Essence) residue/dust.

The Guz
03-05-2022, 02:30 PM
:whs:if your using Gyeon..if your using UK3.0 there is no need for a panel wipe unless your trying to remove polishing (Essence) residue/dust.

Still recommended by CarPro to do a panel wipe. It’s been mentioned many times in their Facebook group by Corey himself.

Rsurfer
03-06-2022, 02:23 PM
Still recommended by CarPro to do a panel wipe. It’s been mentioned many times in their Facebook group by Corey himself.

This is also Corey's answer on Essense. Does he contradict himself?

Do I have to use Eraser between Essence and CQuartz?

If your using Essence by machine and you wait until the vehicle is finished then you can apply Reload or CQuartz after you finish the vehicle starting in the same direction you polished. If you want to be ultra safe you can still Eraser but in our testings to date we have not seen any failure when we skipped Eraser.

The Guz
03-06-2022, 03:24 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220306/60490468a3c1874670eebe5ad800847e.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220306/2875be9c1187f3b55f427f5ee2ade9ef.jpg

Rsurfer
03-06-2022, 03:59 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220306/60490468a3c1874670eebe5ad800847e.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220306/2875be9c1187f3b55f427f5ee2ade9ef.jpg

I guess he does contradict himself.

noorth
03-06-2022, 10:11 PM
- Do I have to use Eraser between Essence and CQUARTZ?
Theoretically speaking you could skip use of Eraser if Essence was properly used via machine BUT it is hard to measure if you polished the lubricants in the Essence down far enough and so we do recommend using Eraser to be 100% safe. If possible, wait at least an hour after Essence before using Eraser.

CARPRO Essence: EXTREME Gloss Primer 250ml (8oz) - Sky'''s The Limit Car Care (https://www.carpro-us.com/compounds/carpro-essence-extreme-gloss-primer-250ml-8oz/)

crg001
03-07-2022, 12:13 PM
For those that have used both Essence and Primer -- how do they compare in overall ability to correct? I've used Essence a few times and with the right tool and pad, it can do some pretty decent correction. Can Primer get close to Essence? Do you have to work it down the same type of way as Essence?

Rsurfer
03-07-2022, 12:37 PM
For those that have used both Essence and Primer -- how do they compare in overall ability to correct? I've used Essence a few times and with the right tool and pad, it can do some pretty decent correction. Can Primer get close to Essence? Do you have to work it down the same type of way as Essence?

I believe they are the same product. With the exception of Essense Plus which has no abrasives and used to amp up an existing coating without removing it.

ShaneK
03-07-2022, 12:51 PM
If Eraser is needed after Essence, are there any advantages to using Essence instead of any other polish? I haven’t used it but thought it might cut some polishing time for daily drivers that are getting coated. Based on info in previous posts, longer work time = more correction and less fill so it doesn’t seem like it would save time. Thanks

Rsurfer
03-07-2022, 01:11 PM
If Eraser is needed after Essence, are there any advantages to using Essence instead of any other polish? I haven’t used it but thought it might cut some polishing time for daily drivers that are getting coated. Based on info in previous posts, longer work time = more correction and less fill so it doesn’t seem like it would save time. Thanks

I don't use Eraser or any panel wipe after Essense which saves me one step. If I finish polishing and for some reason don't have the time to coat and do the coating the next day, I will use Eraser to prep for the coating.

So yes, it may not save you time, but it will leave you with a fantastic finish.

There are many good finishing polishes as there are compounds, but when using Cquartz coatings, I alway's reach for Essense for finishing, it will not disappoint.

As a matter of fact, I just finished using Essense Plus on my Cquartz coated car after one year to amp up the shine.

The Guz
03-08-2022, 03:07 PM

They are very similar. Primer does not need to be broken down as much as Essence which makes it easier to wipe off. Primer on the other hand will dust if over worked.

See my post above. Best to follow the recommendations of the representative. Corey knows the product best as he is the US distributor and would take his recommendation over anyone else.

Essence and Q2 Primer are live savers on very soft paints.

Dr. Beasley’s surface primers are even better with absolutely no need for a panel wipe. They are also more versatile as there are three polishes. They are worth the price.

TTQ B4U
04-04-2022, 09:37 AM
Dr. Beasley’s surface primers are even better with absolutely no need for a panel wipe. They are also more versatile as there are three polishes. They are worth the price.

Are the Dr. Beasley surface primers compatible with both CarPro and GYEON coatings? I LOVE Essence and will likely continue down that road but will try Dr.'s stuff it it's better. My main concern is I can't find GYEON's Primer in the larger 1000ml size any longer. I pair it with their coatings as to me it makes for a far easier application process.

The Guz
04-04-2022, 12:27 PM
Are the Dr. Beasley surface primers compatible with both CarPro and GYEON coatings? I LOVE Essence and will likely continue down that road but will try Dr.'s stuff it it's better. My main concern is I can't find GYEON's Primer in the larger 1000ml size any longer. I pair it with their coatings as to me it makes for a far easier application process.

They are compatible with all coatings. No issues thus far using it with any coatings I have applied over them.