PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Foam Gun question

jlb85
04-18-2008, 08:04 AM
I got the Pinnacle Foam Gun a few weeks back, and got to use it for the first time yesterday to wash my car. However I was not able to get it to make thick foam like I see in some of your threads. I used Poorboys Super Suds undiluted in the can. I played around with all the soap flow settings, but was not able to get my suds to stick. What is the technique for super thick suds? What am I doing wrong?

MadOzodi
04-18-2008, 09:49 AM
The foam from a Foam Gun will not stick to the car the same way the foam from a Foam Cannon will. Foam Cannon is an attachment to a pressure washer. If you want shaving cream style foam, you'll need a pressure washer.

jlb85
04-18-2008, 10:01 AM
The foam from a Foam Gun will not stick to the car the same way the foam from a Foam Cannon will. Foam Cannon is an attachment to a pressure washer. If you want shaving cream style foam, you'll need a pressure washer.

Thanks for the reply!

I have a pressure washer, a B&D electric. I will look into this Foam Cannon attachment. If not I guess I will stick with the foam gun...

MadOzodi
04-18-2008, 10:30 AM
YW, I've kinda been looking for a PW myself. Good luck.

raddogz
04-18-2008, 02:02 PM
What I found at least while using the DP foam shampoo was you have to swirl the mixture around first

MadOzodi
04-18-2008, 04:39 PM
What I found at least while using the DP foam shampoo was you have to swirl the mixture around first

+1

DP Xtreme Foam is some THICK stuff

Chris Thomas
04-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Try this: mix the tank 3 parts water to 1 part soap, then set the slide to the 3rd hole from the left which should be 4:1. This will give you 1oz. soap per gallon, but by thinning the solution it will come out much easier than soap alone. You will empty the tank a little quicker, but you won't be wasting any soap and you will get much better foaming action.

MadOzodi
04-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks, I'll try that.

ScottB
04-19-2008, 08:47 AM
make sure the little screw on top of settings is tightly closed.