PDA

View Full Version : Towels…need some new ones!

BTLew81
02-28-2022, 11:42 PM
Need to refresh my mf a bit. Here is what I am looking for suggestions on:

drying-I use pfm. Will like get those or something similar
windows-pfm here or waffle weaves. Any suggestions?
sealant removal - open to suggestions here
wheel drying- any suggestions on a reasonably priced towel to dry wheels? Maybe I am overthinking this. Lol

I tend to favor trc but am open to other vendors.

thanks.

Coatingsarecrack
03-01-2022, 01:37 AM
Drying: stick with the PFM’s… they’ve done you well.

Windows: Griotrs crinkle PFM or the car pro glass towels.

Sealant removal. I like the green cobra MF from AG that mike recommends and the 300’s from trc.

For wheels i would use your old PFM’s. If i didn’t do that i’d buy som tec Gauntlet 12x12 or PFM 16x16.

For wheels i just use old trc spectrum towels. The work great and pretty cheap, bordered version of creature edgeless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

briarpatch
03-01-2022, 03:39 PM
For wheels - still going through a pack of Kirklands from Costco

LostInTransit
03-01-2022, 04:15 PM
Kirkland always. Just remember to remove the kirkland tags from the towel.

PaulMys
03-01-2022, 05:44 PM
Drying: stick with the PFM’s… they’ve done you well.

Windows: Griotrs crinkle PFM or the car pro glass towels.

Sealant removal. I like the green cobra MF from AG that mike recommends and the 300’s from trc.

For wheels i would use your old PFM’s. If i didn’t do that i’d buy som tec Gauntlet 12x12 or PFM 16x16.

For wheels i just use old trc spectrum towels. The work great and pretty cheap, bordered version of creature edgeless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^ The artist formerly known as "Crack" stole my answer. ^^^

;)

fly07sti
03-02-2022, 08:30 PM
The PFM is a great drying towel.
One of my favorite all around towels is the TRC 300. Use them to level ceramic coatings, to remove polish, compound, sealant & on glass also.

John U
03-02-2022, 09:13 PM
I like the NEW (not in Geek yet) Griots PFM Crinkle Glass Towel.

TRC Premium FTW glass towels are another favorite!

rick100
03-02-2022, 11:59 PM
A lot of good recommendations here , i think i have tried the majority of the ones mentioned here already. I spent too much money on towels but I still get excited whenever I order new towels. I can recommend you other towels that ive tried , if you feel a bit adventurous you may want to give them i try

Polyte Premium Microfiber Cleaning Towel Ultrasonic Cut Edgeless, 16 x 16 in, 24 Pack
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07GX7GLGQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

make sure you are choosing the premium ones. I first order the regular for my wife because she wanted something for the house , then I ordered the premium ones by mistake to use them on the interior. Let me tell you that I do not use the premium ones in the interior , they are too quality to use them there , I actually use them on the paint. I washed them regularly and they do not loose their softness. I used 2 towels on my tires and wheels one time and even after a wash the towels were as good as new. I also have the costco towels and these polyte towels are a steal , much much better quality than costco towels. I may used them to level the ceramic coating on my car but I feel bad throwing them out ... again make sure that you are choosing the premium ones , the regular ones are not good

Sinland Ultra Thick Plush Microfiber Car Cleaning Towels Buffing Cloths Drying Towel 16Inch x 16Inch 2 Pack
https://www.amazon.ca/Sinland-Microfiber-Cleaning-Towels-Buffing/dp/B00QG3GP68/ref=sr_1_6?crid=L18NAX97M8V3&keywords=sinland+microfiber+car&qid=1646283119&sprefix=sinland+microfiber+car%2Caps%2C97&sr=8-6

one of my first purchased towels , I still used them up to this date and i have gone over to other more premium brands trying to justify getting rid of these towels and I can not. If i could have one towel in my arsennal if would be this one. Its not that best at drying or waxing but this towels does it all. Probably the towel i use the most , its absorbent enough to dry a car with 2 or 3 towels, its good for waterless washes or waxing , it doesnt lint .

Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy Sr (25x17)
https://www.amazon.ca/Microfiber-Madness-Dry-Crazy-25x17/dp/B01BLQXFTE

yes yes i know people love the PFM, i have one too , this is probably not as good at drying? but nothing beats the softness of this towel, drying with this towel its heaven. I actually gave one to my brother as a gift and he uses it to dry his hair, he say the towel is too nice to be used on a car so he refuses to dry his car with these towel. lol . I have one that was purchased in 2011 and i still use it on my car. These towel was washed with regular detergent and on high heat in my noob days and its still good. I purchased another one a few years back that has been babied and properly washed and dry , it is holding better though.