PDA

View Full Version : "New Formula" of Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating

vwite
02-28-2022, 12:35 PM
Hello folks, has anyone tried the "new formula" of the Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating?

I just noticed at my local walmart that the one that no longer says "new" in red in the front label has a different formula.

I tried emailing the manufacturer several times to ask for details but they just ignored me, no response at all.

Has anyone tried the new formula or by looking at the ingredients could tell if the new formula looks to be improved or if they are cheapening out, trying to reduce costs?

Here is a photo of the bottles side by side:

Imgur: The magic of the Internet (https://imgur.com/a/LbajPir)

If you're unable to see the pictures:

NEW Formula INGREDENTS: Water, Silicone Micro-Emulsion, Isopropanol, Dimethicone, Fragrances, Amorphous Silica, Acetic Acid, Aminofuncional Polysiloxane, Oleylamine Ethoxylate

ORIGINAL Formula INGREDIENTS : Water, Dimethicone, Isopropanol Disiloxane, Amorphous Silica Fragrance, Carnauba Wax, Acetic Acid, Polixetonium Chloride Dicocodimethylammonium
Chloride. Oleylamine Ethoxylate, Benzenepropanoic Acid.
Bis(1,2,2,6,6-Pentamethy-4-Pipericdiny) Sebacate.

Looks like the new one has no Carnauba Wax and less Dimethicone but has "Silicone Micro-Emulsion"

PA DETAILER
02-28-2022, 12:44 PM
News to me? Checked their site and they are still listing the same formula without updates. Maybe they tweaked it? The bottle i ordered a month back still has NEW in red.

vwite
02-28-2022, 12:54 PM
yeah I don't think they would advertise it as a "new improved fomula", everything else looks exactly the same but the slightly different ingredients and the "new" red label is gone, that's why I was wondering if they're trying to just reduce costs while keeping a decent product after all the positive reviews of the original version are now done

PA DETAILER
02-28-2022, 01:01 PM
Made me go look at my two bottles. BOTH are the ORIGINAL Formula INGREDIENTS . With new on the front label.

EddieVDetailing
03-01-2022, 12:02 AM
Easy way to tell. Did a certain advertiser review it with rose tinted glasses? No? Then it’s not new.

vwite
03-01-2022, 09:39 AM
Easy way to tell. Did a certain advertiser review it with rose tinted glasses? No? Then it’s not new.

I don't get your comment, the ingredients are different

giuseppe pepperoni
03-01-2022, 06:52 PM
So how did the new formula work when you tried it? Isnt that more important than some of the chemicals changing?

Stuff changes all the time. I don't think theres a conspiracy or some bad reason. Maybe some of the old chemicals aren't available with all this covid mess happening.

I cant find biscuits or jelly any more, but i don't think its the worldwide breakfast cartel with some Dr Evil plan.

vwite
03-09-2022, 11:13 AM
So how did the new formula work when you tried it? Isnt that more important than some of the chemicals changing?

Stuff changes all the time. I don't think theres a conspiracy or some bad reason. Maybe some of the old chemicals aren't available with all this covid mess happening.

I cant find biscuits or jelly any more, but i don't think its the worldwide breakfast cartel with some Dr Evil plan.

I'll try it sometime next month, I couldn't decide which one to buy that day but I ended up buying the "new one" yesterday as that was the only left in my local walmart.

I hope it's decent, the bad thing is I won't have a comparison point as I've never tried the original one, I just barely finished a bottle of the Meguiar's Ceramic Wax (blue bottle), so I'll see how it compares to that one in the next few months.