PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Quik Wax vs. Hybrid Ceramic Detailer

vaca22
02-23-2022, 01:20 PM
I've been having lots of fun using Ultimate Quik Wax after washing the car. What I'm confused about (STILL!!) is how a product like Hybrid Ceramic Detailer would work. I don't think I would be inclined to use this product on a "lightly soiled" or "dusty" car; there's just something about applying a product to a car that isn't perfectly clean that kind of irks me.

Unless it's meant to do that.

So...could I use HCD in the same manner as UQW? I'm sure I could, but...is that the purpose of that product? I'm assuming I would get better longevity out of HCD.

Bosko
02-23-2022, 01:35 PM
they should drop the name detailer IMO.

As with you, I would never spray a product on a surface that wasn't clean first.

It should be renamed..."Finalizer"......:D

chilly
02-23-2022, 02:05 PM
they should drop the name detailer IMO.

As with you, I would never spray a product on a surface that wasn't clean first.

It should be renamed..."Finalizer"......:D

:whs:

"here, hold my beer while I wipe some dirt across my perfect paint..."

I don't always agree with Todd Cooperider but his video on this is spot on in my opinion

"Finalizer"...

Perfect

PA DETAILER
02-24-2022, 12:09 PM
Here is a write up Mike did on the TW 3-1 detailer.

Hybrid Solutions Ceramic 3-in-1 Detailer How-To & Review by Mike Phillips (https://www.autogeek.net/hybrid-solutions-ceramic-detailer-review-guide.html)

Coatingsarecrack
02-25-2022, 11:45 PM
:whs:

"here, hold my beer while I wipe some dirt across my perfect paint..."

I don't always agree with Todd Cooperider but his video on this is spot on in my opinion

"Finalizer"...

Perfect

I thought you use ONR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chilly
02-26-2022, 01:44 AM
I thought you use ONR?

I have and use both flavors of ONR

I love it in Alaska for winter washes after either a touch less or wand wash to knock off the big stuff

I don’t often do a rinseless wash in Hawaii

The exception is when we have endless days of wind I will do a rinseless in the garage

I also use regular ONR for clay lube and a prespray before a wash although I’m questioning the efficiency of that

What I don’t use it or anything else for is a waterless wash or a detailing spray

I was agreeing with Todd Cooperider’s opinion that “detailing sprays” should basically be reserved for drying aids and not for wiping off dusty cars

I will occasionally remove a bird bomb if I know I’m not going to be able to get a wash in soon but I use lots of liquid to pre soak and a damp microfiber to remove the bomb and basically a blot dry so I’m not rubbing a towel over adjacent dusty areas

Otherwise i will do at least a RW on a dusty car and prefer a full on wash

Im hoping that explains it better

Coatingsarecrack
02-26-2022, 02:49 AM
I have and use both flavors of ONR

I love it in Alaska for winter washes after either a touch less or wand wash to knock off the big stuff

I don’t often do a rinseless wash in Hawaii

The exception is when we have endless days of wind I will do a rinseless in the garage

I also use regular ONR for clay lube and a prespray before a wash although I’m questioning the efficiency of that

What I don’t use it or anything else for is a waterless wash or a detailing spray

I was agreeing with Todd Cooperider’s opinion that “detailing sprays” should basically be reserved for drying aids and not for wiping off dusty cars

I will occasionally remove a bird bomb if I know I’m not going to be able to get a wash in soon but I use lots of liquid to pre soak and a damp microfiber to remove the bomb and basically a blot dry so I’m not rubbing a towel over adjacent dusty areas

Otherwise i will do at least a RW on a dusty car and prefer a full on wash

Im hoping that explains it better

Yeah it does. I know Todd and Esoteric in general are against waterless and rinseless washing. Just kinda lumped in QD wipes.

Funny in the video he does show how to do it if you must he recommends using a few drops of a PH neutral car soap mixed with distilled water.

You’d think if he’s showing a way to do something he’s against he would recommend using a product made to use that way but doesn’t offer any waterless or rinseless products.

And yes, agreed, QD’s are left best for drying aids or afterwash application.