PDA

View Full Version : Wiper blades

luckydawg
02-13-2022, 11:30 AM
What's everyone using to keep their blades lasting their longest?

dgage
02-13-2022, 11:38 AM
Meguiar’s M40 Vinyl/Rubber Cleaner and Conditioner.

PA DETAILER
02-13-2022, 11:39 AM
Such a replaceable item. Just replaced them last week. A good alcohol wipe or washer fluid wipe of the blades to keep them clean once in awhile helps. Blades are not cheap anymore! A bit of 303 will help too.

Eldorado2k
02-13-2022, 02:50 PM
I make sure the ones I buy are made of a hybrid silicone. They last much longer than normal rubber blades. They’re only $10.99 for the pair on the Bay and have a 5yr. warranty. From my experience they last at least 1yr. or more but they’re so cheap I usually wind up replacing them at the 1st sight of them no longer working perfectly.

A couple months ago I had to replace just 1 blade because it began chattering for some reason. Luckily I had saved 1 of my previous blades because only 1 of them had begun streaking when I bought replacements.

I’ve heard WD-40 works well to make blades last longer, but I don’t use it because I think that’s for normal rubber ones.

I clean my wiper blades as the very last thing I do during a bucket wash with 1 of my rocker panel wash mitts.

$10.99. That’s Super cheap. No streaks, no chatter, my wiper blades work absolutely perfect.[emoji1419]

I’ll never buy those overpriced name brand blades you see at the auto parts store. $45 bucks and they don’t even last 1yr. What a rip off!

vaca22
02-13-2022, 07:11 PM
Meguiar’s M40 Vinyl/Rubber Cleaner and Conditioner.

I need to get this.

Desertnate
02-14-2022, 09:04 AM
I honestly don't do even try to extend their life. Replacing them becomes part of my annual vehicle maintenance routine.

Every fall, I swap out engine air filters and windshield wipers on all our cars in preparation for winter. Rear window wipers will typically go longer and I replace those on an as-needed basis.

I've actually had the opposite experience with cheap wipers. The cheap ones in the past weren't even compatible with my cars, but they would work on my wife's SUV. Some of them I could measure their lifespan in weeks during wetter months. Stepping up to even the cheap Michelin blades at WalMart lasted much longer. I've made it a year or two on Bosch blades.

Prange
02-14-2022, 10:02 PM
Periodic wipe-downs with alcohol, then replace when necessary.

Kamakaz1961
02-15-2022, 02:17 PM
I use silicone wiper blades. They are more expensive, however, last 2 times longer. NO STREAKING either.

dgage
02-15-2022, 08:52 PM
I use silicone wiper blades. They are more expensive, however, last 2 times longer. NO STREAKING either.

Pisa Super Silicone are my favorites though I can’t remember which of our cars (Acura TL, Sienna, or Prius) that they don’t make them for, which surprised me.

Kamakaz1961
02-15-2022, 10:09 PM
Pisa Super Silicone are my favorites though I can’t remember which of our cars (Acura TL, Sienna, or Prius) that they don’t make them for, which surprised me.

I use the PIAA Silicone Wipers. They give specs and which wipers match the vehicle. Try that. KEEP ON ROCKING!

luckydawg
02-16-2022, 07:14 AM
Well for me its the connection to the wiper arm. My OEM are direct and simple to get on & off. Every one I find in the local part stores need some type of adapter that is more trouble than its worth to figure out and bulkier- NONE of the aftermarket are an "exact fit" replacement.
So since I spent the $$ for OEM I would like to get Max life out of them.

MisterSnoop
02-16-2022, 07:50 AM
I don't do much to the wiper blades themselves. I but the OEM wiper blade refills, which are less than $10 and last a year or more. I've previously used Bosch Icon, which lasted a while but cost more.