PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used this coating?

rover137
02-08-2022, 03:06 AM
I am coating both our cars with NV Evo soon and wondering if those who have used it could chime in with their experience in regards to application, durability, looks etc

Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noorth
02-08-2022, 03:13 AM
The flash time is relatively fast but i found the wipeoff a breeze. It darkens the paint and has epic beading.

I'm not a coating guru but i topped both NV Evo and CQUK with reload watered down 1:1 and they had different performance after the first rain. I topped them with reload/water because everything was applied outside. You can let CQUK sit longer before wipeoff.

Both were great but NV Evo was better.

Sandro from car craft auto detailing personally recommended that i dilute reload 1 to 1 with water. It was a breeze to work with also. I have never used it straight.

rover137
02-08-2022, 03:16 AM
The flash time is relatively fast but i found the wipeoff a breeze. Its darkens the paint and has epic beading.

Almost instant wipe off would you say? Any comments on durability?

I saw a YouTube test done by a so called popular YouTuber where a bunch of products were applied in a ‘real world test’ on the one car. It failed pretty quick, but then who knows what actually happened.

noorth
02-08-2022, 03:31 AM
Almost instant wipe off would you say? Any comments on durability?

I saw a YouTube test done by a so called popular YouTuber where a bunch of products were applied in a ‘real world test’ on the one car. It failed pretty quick, but then who knows what actually happened.

Yeah do one panel at a time. Durability has so many factors, i'm in no position to comment on that. If it lasts a year i would be happy. Coating outside is difficult.

After a full decon this spring i will see how both CQUK and EVO is holding up. I applied both 2 my car. Mostly EVO.

EVO applied correctly would be over a year i suspect unless you drove your car in some very harsh conditions IE salt roads. We have salt roads here. A basic wax here would not last 2 mths. colly 845 only lasts 3 months here at best and it doesn't have coating like beading to begin with.

EVO is a real coating, it made my applicator very hard.

rover137
02-08-2022, 03:34 AM
Yeah do one panel at a time. Durability has so many factors, i'm in not position to comment on that. If it lasts a year i would be happy. Coating outside is difficult.

Panel at a time? I was planning to work in areas around 50cm X 50cm.

I’m hoping for 2-3 years. 3 years on our other car as I struggle to get time with it to do the process, and 2 years on my car would be good. Yeah, I’ll be in a garage which is a luxury I guess.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes.. as well as just the one layer application!

noorth
02-08-2022, 03:55 AM
Just test the process on your trunk or something. No need to overthink it. Its certainty not a hard process. It flashes relatively fast but you will still have lots of time if you take it slow. CQUK now was a bear if you waited to long. I waited like 5 minutes once and it took a lot of elbow grease. I thought i was going to have to breakout my polisher again.

All this said i would never use a wax again. Coatings are far better for daily drivers IMO.

Coatingsarecrack
02-08-2022, 04:42 AM
Have it and haven’t applied yet. Everything i read cosigns what Noorth said. If not to hot decent work times. Easy wipe off.

It says up to 3 years. If car is garaged and low mileage maybe…. I ‘d say expect 1.5 to 2 years and anything more would be a bonus.

I have read you should top with Boost after every wash to get a longer life out of it. I would add intervals of Jet or Lustre too if you don’t have some other form of topper.

rover137
02-08-2022, 04:52 AM
Have it and haven’t applied yet. Everything i read cosigns what Noorth said. If not to hot decent work times. Easy wipe off.

It says up to 3 years. If car is garaged and low mileage maybe…. I ‘d say expect 1.5 to 2 years and anything more would be a bonus.

I have read you should top with Boost after every wash to get a longer life out of it. I would add intervals of Jet or Lustre too if you don’t have some other form of topper.

Yeah, everything I’ve read is in line with that too. Yep, from some people I’ve spoke with 2 years seems like a more realistic timeframe for durability. I have both Jet and Boost. Boost has been problematic for me on my current coating but I have a bunch of other toppers and QDs as well.

I’ve got 12 months already with CQ Lite, one car is outside and it’s lost maybe 10-20% performance. The other is garaged and maintained a lot better and it is as strong as it was day 1. Such good value really when you consider I only used half a bottle for two cars.

BudgetPlan1
02-08-2022, 06:56 AM
Glass/Quartz/Ceramic Coatings – Kamikaze Miyabi, ISM, Zipang, NV Nova EVO, 22ple, Cquartz, Gtechniq CSL, EXO and more. | Life's tough, wear a helmet. (https://budgetplan1.wordpress.com/glass-quartz-ceramic-coatings/#NV_NOVA)

Lost track of vehicle after 6 months but did well in that time.