PDA

View Full Version : RUBICON 392

Pages : [1] 2 3

PA DETAILER
01-22-2022, 01:55 PM
Guess i did not know of this factory beast. Saw one today parked while out shopping. I thought it was a custom swap. No sir. 100% Factory option.

2022 Jeep® Wrangler Rubicon 392 - V8 HEMI Engine SUV (https://www.jeep.com/wrangler/rubicon-392.html)

Klasse Act
01-22-2022, 02:12 PM
Guess i did not know of this factory beast. Saw one today parked while out shopping. I thought it was a custom swap. No sir. 100% Factory option.

2022 Jeep[emoji2400] Wrangler Rubicon 392 - V8 HEMI Engine SUV (https://www.jeep.com/wrangler/rubicon-392.html)Yeah...it's SEVENTY FIVE THOUSAND dollars[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Silly Rabbit
01-22-2022, 02:25 PM
It is a pretty awsome machine, money aside. FCA has some stellar stuff going on with the SRT family, Hellcats, Redeyes, TRX, this 392. Too bad the 392 Wrangler is not offered in Canada. I wouldn't go to my bank to buy one, but it would be great to see one here and there. Love the turn around Dodge/Jeep/Ram/Chrysler (FCA later) did. I credit Sergio.

John U
01-22-2022, 02:33 PM
AEV in Detroit does conversions. Had a waiting list for $125K+ full-on conversions.

Bruno Soares
01-22-2022, 07:42 PM
I’ve seen a couple in my area selling for $95K. Insane. Probably gets less than 10mpg too.

JDGolden
01-22-2022, 08:07 PM
AEV in Detroit does conversions. Had a waiting list for $125K+ full-on conversions.

Wixom. I have a buddy that works at AEV. They did A LOT of 5.7 hemi and 392 hemi swaps. Also paint the vehicles any color you want.

Klasse Act
01-22-2022, 08:26 PM
I’ve seen a couple in my area selling for $95K. Insane. Probably gets less than 10mpg too....it's a Jeep too[emoji39] They've also got their Grand Wagoneer, sometimes with crooked badging [emoji849], that start @$86K...for a Jeep. Maybe it's a "Jeep thing and I wouldn't understand"[emoji848][emoji14]

John U
01-22-2022, 09:12 PM
Wixom. I have a buddy that works at AEV. They did A LOT of 5.7 hemi and 392 hemi swaps. Also paint the vehicles any color you want.

I got over there for their open house a number of years back when they were doing "Gladiators" before Jeep offered them. Impressive place.

Klasse Act
01-22-2022, 10:15 PM
Did this place do the conversions on 1st gen Focus SVT's by putting Terminator Cobra drivetrains in them?

Coatingsarecrack
01-23-2022, 01:40 AM

Isn’t that for the hellcat motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coatingsarecrack
01-23-2022, 01:44 AM
...it's a Jeep too[emoji39] They've also got their Grand Wagoneer, sometimes with crooked badging [emoji849], that start @$86K...for a Jeep. Maybe it's a "Jeep thing and I wouldn't understand"[emoji848][emoji14]

Check out what used Track Hawks are going for.

I personally love this. If i could afford it, it would be my 3rd car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
01-23-2022, 09:41 AM
Check out what used Track Hawks are going for.

I personally love this. If i could afford it, it would be my 3rd car.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI would be terrified to buy a used Track Hawk or SRT8 Grand Cherokee! Surely you've heard the term "rode hard and put away wet", well those things are the epitomy of that term, same with Hellcat anything for that matter.

As a non-offroader maybe I don't understand a HEMI in something that sits high and has a short wheelbase. I'm sure Jeeps with the old inline 6's had ZERO problems when going off-road[emoji848]

Maybe it's a Jeep thing and I wouldn't understand[emoji56]

opie
01-23-2022, 11:59 AM
I would be terrified to buy a used Track Hawk or SRT8 Grand Cherokee! Surely you've heard the term "rode hard and put away wet", well those things are the epitomy of that term, same with Hellcat anything for that matter.

As a non-offroader maybe I don't understand a HEMI in something that sits high and has a short wheelbase. I'm sure Jeeps with the old inline 6's had ZERO problems when going off-road[emoji848]

Maybe it's a Jeep thing and I wouldn't understand[emoji56]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk[emoji2357]A trackhawk/srt8 was not made to go offroad. And ive seen old grannies drive those things, just like anything else not all are beat on

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
01-23-2022, 01:10 PM
[emoji2357]A trackhawk/srt8 was not made to go offroad. And ive seen old grannies drive those things, just like anything else not all are beat on

Sent from my SM-G973U using TapatalkMaybe not ALL but the majority are as they should be. Yeah they're not off-roaders which makes it more weird but that's the market.

I just saw there's a V Escalade coming out soon, maybe a "Hot Rod" Lincoln is next[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

dgage
01-23-2022, 01:24 PM
A friend of mine had a Charger Hellcat, which was a really nice ride. I got in and was riding in it when the Hellcat are up and he said his was one. I said, no way. He rolled down the window and I heard the supercharger whine but I was still pretty incredulous since it was such a smooth, docile ride until he got on it. When I got out, I checked for badging and sure enough.

To say he got tired of ALL the times people would come up next to him on the highway and try to race, it would be an understatement. He sold it after 3 years with no real depreciation and bought a fully-loaded Ram truck. The car was also going to need quite a bit of suspension work since the exotic suspension had several pieces that were considered consumables. I think he said it would have been $4K to address.

So I’m one of those that couldn’t see buying a used Hellcat but besides the expense and poor gas mileage, I was really impressed by the Charger Hellcat. Good family sedan for a race car driver. :)