PDA

View Full Version : Stripping existing waxes/sealants before Ceramic Coating

benny3
01-21-2022, 01:00 AM
I'm going to use the following system before applying the CQuartz. If the dealer has applied a wax/sealant to the paint, will this process remove it?

Wash with Carpro reset
Decontaminate with NV Purify and clay
Wash with Carpro reset
Carpro Essence
Carpro Eraser
CarPro CQuartz
Carpro Reload

The Guz
01-21-2022, 02:08 AM
You are going to use Essence so that will take care of the dealer applied protection.

mwoolfso
01-27-2022, 04:04 PM
I'm going to use the following system before applying the CQuartz. If the dealer has applied a wax/sealant to the paint, will this process remove it?

Wash with Carpro reset
Wash with Carpro reset **NOT NEEDED**
Carpro Essence
Carpro Eraser
CarPro CQuartz
Carpro Reload

Epilogts
01-28-2022, 02:17 PM

Wash with Carpro reset
Wash with Carpro reset
Carpro Essence
Carpro Eraser
CarPro CQuartz
Carpro Reload

As I understand CarPro Essence is a polish/primer so I’d skip the Eraser step between the Essence and Coating as you’re only going to introduce a risk of marring your perfected surface by the Eraser wipe down.

For a similar reason I’d also skip the Reload step after coating unless the car is stored outside while the coating cures and you think it might see moisture (But if this is a possibility I’d just wait until you’re sure you can let the coating cure without seeing any moisture). Save the money on Reload and use it for when you feel like you need a little coating “boost”.

glen e
01-28-2022, 06:09 PM
I know I’ll probably be pilloried for this but I’ve had good luck going much more simple in the process:
Wash the car
Polish with essence
Put on the CquartzUK
After 24hrs, any spray ceramic sealant like elixir or blackfire SIO2…..

The Guz
01-28-2022, 07:35 PM
CarPro recommends a panel wipe even with Essence. It has been mentioned by the reps in the CarPro facebook group. It will not marr the paint and it will not remove the silica left behind. Reload is still the only recommended topped to protect it for the first week while it is curing to prevent water spots. Elixir is not recommended until the first wash.