PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang v. Blackfire (?)

PDC
01-17-2022, 08:37 PM
Weekend / fair weather only cruise - local show car. Just finished 8+ hrs of 2-stage correction. I’m going old school wax with this car. Teetering between Blackfire Midnight Sun Paste + Blackfire Spray Carnauba and Wolfgang Fuzion Paste + Fuzion Spray.

Opinions? Preferences?

PaulMys
01-17-2022, 08:44 PM
Weekend / fair weather only cruise - local show car. Just finished 8+ hrs of 2-stage correction. I’m going old school wax with this car. Teetering between Blackfire Midnight Sun Paste + Blackfire Spray Carnauba and Wolfgang Fuzion Paste + Fuzion Spray.

Opinions? Preferences?

Kinda like asking "Who's the best looking woman on earth?" or "Who's the best rock guitarist of all time?"

You'll get many opinions. :)

01GreyStangGT
01-17-2022, 09:10 PM
Tough one. Backfire is easier on the wallet but both look great.

vobro
01-17-2022, 10:46 PM
Blackfire’s site has 25% off all waxes and a free Detail spray. I’m pretty sure I can post a link since it’s owned by PBMG and if not I apologize Promo Details (https://www.blackfirewax.com/promo-details.html).

Paul that question is easier to answer Scarlett Johansson and EVH

BadgerRivFan
01-17-2022, 11:21 PM

EVH is no longer on earth, so the correct is Joe Bonamassa [emoji846].

Edit: I just reread the question and I respectfully withdraw [emoji6].

vobro
01-17-2022, 11:23 PM
EVH is no longer on earth, so the correct is Joe Bonamassa [emoji846].
Question was of all time, if we’re going on Earth I’ll take Dave Mustaine

BadgerRivFan
01-17-2022, 11:30 PM
Question was of all time, if we’re going on Earth I’ll take Dave Mustaine

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Coatingsarecrack
01-18-2022, 04:06 AM
Whenever i hear of a PBMG wax. Midnight sun ain’t it…… Fuzion or Souveran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PDC
01-18-2022, 06:49 AM
Kinda like asking "Who's the best looking woman on earth?" or "Who's the best rock guitarist of all time?"

You'll get many opinions. :)

Oh, I know … that’s why I specifically asked: ‘opinions, preferences?’

I have had extremely good luck with both product lines over the years. I bought a tub of the Ivory Sun before ceramics dominated the market and thought it looked absolutely beautiful on the car. It ‘sounds’ like the WG might last longer? And maybe that doesn’t matter for a garage Queen. Not too concerned with price, these products seem pretty darned concentrated and provide plenty of applications.

Oh, and Paul Gilbert for effortless, jaw dropping technique - Doug Aldrich for high octane pentatonic riffing.

Dr Oldz
01-18-2022, 05:12 PM
BFMS looks better on darker colors. It will also darken, add depth and richness. Fusion will add a bit of a glassy look…..better for lighter colors IMO.

PaulMys
01-18-2022, 05:56 PM

I'm gonna go with James Marshall Hendrix on the guitar thing.

As for the lady, that would be my wife. (See what I did there, fellas? Play the game right, boys............) ;)

PDC
01-18-2022, 06:28 PM
Cool thing about wax is that it is so easily removed if for whatever reason you don’t dig it.

Some of the reviews for the WG suggested the car seemed to attract dust like a magnet - not sure if that was environmental, a ‘Carnauba’ thing, a brand thing, or a made up thing. General observations like that were really the main reason for the initial post.

craigdt
01-18-2022, 08:58 PM
I have both.

You can't go wrong with either. You likely won't be able to notice a difference in how they look.

Both are easy to use.

Get whichever one you like the label of or makes you feel the best.

You are going to be ecstatic either way.