PDA

View Full Version : Giots 3in1 v Griots Best in Show Detailer

ddsski
01-09-2022, 05:04 PM
Griots best in Show has been my favorite quickie wipe for the past few years, even better than Pinnacle Crystal Mist which could be a little finicky . It replace my old favorite which was Mothers Showtime.

It seems so many of these materials are wipe on off easy now, does it make more sense to use something like a 3in1 for quick details, same process right?
The 303 Graphene is also impressive but more of a apply wait finish material so not a quick detail.....
The Blackfire SiO2 is so easy when used lightly, I feel its almost become quick detail capable

Bosko
01-09-2022, 05:11 PM
This is what you need

https://i.imgur.com/tJI96Sn.png

briarpatch
01-09-2022, 07:06 PM
I've used the Ceramic Speed Shine mentioned above....and it's a very nice product.....although not as slick as I'd like. I've come to prefer Sonax Ultra Slick Ceramic Detailer a bit more.

fries
01-10-2022, 03:48 AM
Not sure I can mention here since not sold by Autogeek. Phoenix EOD Titan has really impressed...

Desertnate
01-10-2022, 08:44 AM
I wouldn't use 3 in 1 as a QD. It's a spray sealant.

For a QD, I'm looking for something with lots of lubrication, a little bit of cleaning ability, and any gloss boost is not mandatory, but a nice touch. I use it for small clean up jobs like random smudges/fingerprints, bird droppings, random water spot removal after a wash, or removing dust from my doors before applying magnetic numbers at an event.

3 in 1, while a great product for what it is, doesn't have the properties I need from a QD. Depending on your needs, you'd be better off sticking with Speed Shine or using other QD products or a Waterless Wash mixed to a QD ratio.

PA DETAILER
01-10-2022, 12:39 PM
Hybrid Solutions Ceramic 3-in-1 Detailer - 53413 (https://www.autogeek.net/hybrid-solutions-ceramic-3-in-1-detailer.html)

The Guz
01-10-2022, 02:19 PM
Not sure I can mention here since not sold by Autogeek. Phoenix EOD Titan has really impressed...

You can mention it. Just no links as it is not sold on Autogeek. But from what I have seen it doesn't look that impressive. Nothing that other products can do equally or better.

fries
01-10-2022, 03:29 PM
You can mention it. Just no links as it is not sold on Autogeek. But from what I have seen it doesn't look that impressive. Nothing that other products can do equally or better.

As a weekend warrior have certainly not tried all the products available, just find that it meets my needs, extra "pop" and gloss, very slick, sheets very well and keeps my vehicles cleaner longer. Both are daily drivers and get at least a WW every week if necessary. thanks for the update on what I can post. Enjoy this forum and have learned so much here... Just trying to keep some money in my account. I have a collection of stuff that I have tried and moved away from. :xyxthumbs:

Ace22
01-11-2022, 07:34 AM

Actually, came upon this myself and will be trying it out...sounds promising

Ace22
01-11-2022, 06:55 PM

To be honest, just received this…it’s the real deal for sure, pretty amazing product. Gloss is on par with PAHG…will see how it stands up.

Coatingsarecrack
01-12-2022, 02:23 AM
To be honest, just received this…it’s the real deal for sure, pretty amazing product. Gloss is on par with PAHG…will see how it stands up.

You got the product in 11 hours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace22
01-12-2022, 06:17 AM
You got the product in 11 hours?

I ordered it the day before in morning, Amazon Prime 1 day.
Ease of use is great, no streaking, slickness is off the charts.
Not to hijack this thread, but will give it some time on durability and dust repelling abilities in the future.

zefer
01-19-2022, 12:02 PM
I love the 3-1 and use the ceramic speed shine as a previous member said…random smudges etc. I also through the forum have tried many different products…none horrible…some better than others….and I keep coming back to griots products. I have loved the pinnacle souveren carnuba paste wax and probably will use it again but for now,this winter I’ll go with 3 coats of the 3-1…anyone know if you could top the 3-1 with the souveren ?

Coatingsarecrack
01-20-2022, 03:01 AM
I love the 3-1 and use the ceramic speed shine as a previous member said…random smudges etc. I also through the forum have tried many different products…none horrible…some better than others….and I keep coming back to griots products. I have loved the pinnacle souveren carnuba paste wax and probably will use it again but for now,this winter I’ll go with 3 coats of the 3-1…anyone know if you could top the 3-1 with the souveren ?

I think you should be able to. I’ve read one thing that says solvent from wax will remove sealant. Read sealant will shed wax like dirt.

I would try a test panel for a week or two to make sure it will work for you in your environment.