PDA

View Full Version : Griots Surface prep wash

Pages : [1] 2

Bill1234
01-01-2022, 04:59 PM
Needed a strip wash and found griots basically checked alot of hypothetical boxes so went with it from autopia. I most likely will be using 10:1 as directed in a foam cannon. Just want to know if anyone had experiences with it. Does it strip easy? How long did you wait? Did you follow up with a 2 bucket wash or went straight to iron decon?

Bosko
01-01-2022, 05:08 PM
Why did you buy it from them when Autogeek sells it?

Prange
01-01-2022, 05:43 PM
It didn’t work for me. It streaked every time.

Klasse Act
01-01-2022, 05:53 PM
I have alot of experience with it, been through 2 bottles of it since it basically came out. On my coated car it makes the paint bead like crazy, so it cleans VERY well, leaving the surface C L E A N. I'm not sure what the pH is but as stated it's to be used to strip clean lesser products so you can add something new or use it in the early process of a full detail.

I'd use this as the pre-wash, inspect your paint to determine how much decon is needed, maybe both and then paint correction and finally an LSP.

Now on my own car I'd follow up with a topper of my chosing and I've even used Griot's Garage surface wash next and then Poly Gloss for the triple play[emoji56][emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

PaulMys
01-01-2022, 05:56 PM
I have alot of experience with it, been through 2 bottles of it since it basically came out. On my coated car it makes the paint bead like crazy, so it cleans VERY well, leaving the surface C L E A N. I'm not sure what the pH is but as stated it's to be used to strip clean lesser products so you can add something new or use it in the early process of a full detail.

I'd use this as the pre-wash, inspect your paint to determine how much decon is needed, maybe both and then paint correction and finally an LSP.

Now on my own car I'd follow up with a topper of my chosing and I've even used Griot's Garage surface wash next and then Poly Gloss for the triple play[emoji56][emoji41]

Can't argue with Roger's results.

His car always looks stunning.

MisterSnoop
01-01-2022, 06:04 PM
Why did you buy it from them when Autogeek sells it?

Autopia is the same parent company as Autogeek.

PaulMys
01-01-2022, 06:07 PM
Autopia is the same parent company as Autogeek.

Yup. All in the PBMG family.

opie
01-01-2022, 06:32 PM
I have alot of experience with it, been through 2 bottles of it since it basically came out. On my coated car it makes the paint bead like crazy, so it cleans VERY well, leaving the surface C L E A N.

Whats the dilution ratio? Cant find it anywhere on their or ago website

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
01-01-2022, 07:20 PM

Sent from my SM-G973U using TapatalkWell in my old CG's foam gun I'd just fill it to the line and add water but in my IK 1.5 I think I added 2-3 ounces and topped with water. I thought this worked best since the foam gun was more watery while the IK 1.5 produces a thicker foam[emoji362]

I really do like all 3 products from Griot's here[emoji106][emoji106] I'm not someone who puts a priority on smell but the Surface wash smells like pinacolada, Poly Gloss is strawberries and Prep is just a cleaner smell, all enjoyable to deal with[emoji106][emoji106]

Prange
01-01-2022, 07:57 PM
The Surface Wash and PolyGloss work great for me. I’ve been using them since they first came out, along with the original Griots foam gun. The Surface Prep doesn’t play well with my FK1000p. So be it, no big deal. However, I won’t buy it again.

opie
01-01-2022, 08:03 PM
The Surface Wash and PolyGloss work great for me. I’ve been using them since they first came out, along with the original Griots foam gun. The Surface Prep doesn’t play well with my FK1000p. So be it, no big deal. However, I won’t buy it again.Whats your dilution ratio?

oneheadlite
01-01-2022, 09:11 PM

From their website they sell the 10:1 secondary spray bottles. Makes an awesome wheel cleaner.

I’d have to go dig out the jug to see what the recommendation is for foam cannons if that’s what you’re looking for - I’ve got the BOSS cannon with the auto meter tip so I never deal with pre-mixing for the cannon.

MisterSnoop
01-01-2022, 09:32 PM
BOSS Foam Cannon 1.6 oz
Foaming sprayer 2.0 oz
Pump up foamer 0.5 oz
Air foamer sudsing gun 0.25 oz

Klasse Act
01-01-2022, 09:36 PM
BOSS Foam Cannon 1.6 oz
Foaming sprayer 2.0 oz
Pump up foamer 0.5 oz
Air foamer sudsing gun 0.25 ozThank you because filling it to the line is surely more than 2 ounces in the foam gun[emoji39]

opie
01-01-2022, 09:45 PM
BOSS Foam Cannon 1.6 oz
Foaming sprayer 2.0 oz
Pump up foamer 0.5 oz
Air foamer sudsing gun 0.25 ozJust what i was lookin for. Wanted a breakdown to see cost usage compared to others i was looking at purchasing