PDA

View Full Version : Captains Coating UV50 - Year 2?

kgs365
12-30-2021, 07:57 AM
HI Mike

I used the new capitains UV50 coating last year and really liked it. My question which i cant seem to find anywhere is what to do this year the boat still looks pretty good do i put another coating on it ?...do i have to compound off the current coating and redo the process ?..

I used the old captains coating compound a year earlier and I messed up in taking it off in time so i had a few streaks so before last summer i had to machine compound/wet sand the boat to get the coating off it wasn't an easy process and i dont want to be wet sanding the boat each year. Your suggestions are appreciated

Coatingsarecrack
12-31-2021, 02:28 AM
HI Mike

I used the new capitains UV50 coating last year and really liked it. My question which i cant seem to find anywhere is what to do this year the boat still looks pretty good do i put another coating on it ?...do i have to compound off the current coating and redo the process ?..

I used the old captains coating compound a year earlier and I messed up in taking it off in time so i had a few streaks so before last summer i had to machine compound/wet sand the boat to get the coating off it wasn't an easy process and i dont want to be wet sanding the boat each year. Your suggestions are appreciated

Sorry sir I have no Idea. Mike has moved on and has his own detailing business and works for 3D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk