PDA

View Full Version : Wowo’s Show Stopper

XSR
12-29-2021, 11:58 AM
Hey,
What do you think about Wowo’s Show Stopper? Is it safe to use on ceramic coated car?
Has anyone tried it?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ayBf1gwLtB4/maxresdefault.jpg

Rsurfer
12-29-2021, 02:02 PM
I don't buy or use anything with the word "Pan" in it.

BudgetPlan1
12-29-2021, 04:35 PM
It's safe. If I recall it's claim to fame was that it did absolutely nothing ("A 1-trick Pony" was how they put it) besides add gloss. No protection, no water behavior, no long-term...no nuthin!

I gave it a go once or twice and then moved on. As far as I could tell, it worked (or didn't 'work') as advertised...was a fun little diversion.

XSR
12-29-2021, 05:10 PM
What exactly is the category of the product? ? I know it's not a sealant. It's not a wax. It's not a ceramic. Just adds gloss.
I’m aware its no protection which is fine for me (my car is ceramic coated) I’m more interested in maximum gloss and shine.

The Guz
12-29-2021, 05:41 PM
Hey,
What do you think about Wowo’s Show Stopper? Is it safe to use on ceramic coated car?
Has anyone tried it?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ayBf1gwLtB4/maxresdefault.jpg

Yes it is safe. It will alter the hydrophobic behavior in the short term as it is altering the surface tension. But it has no long term durability as it has no protective characteristics. One of the things I noticed is that it can be a bit streaky if not completely wiped off especially as a drying aid.

P&S Dream Maker or Shine Supply Throttle are the two better options if only gloss is the main goal with no protection behind.

He does not have his name on it other than showcasing it on his channel. Unless you are implying that you don't use anything he puts on his channel which means you should bot be using CaPro, etc. Which essentially leaves you with a small brand of products to use.

BadgerRivFan
12-30-2021, 05:40 AM
Yes it is safe. It will alter the hydrophobic behavior in the short term as it is altering the surface tension. But it has no long term durability as it has no protective characteristics. One of the things I noticed is that it can be a bit streaky if not completely wiped off especially as a drying aid.

P&S Dream Maker or Shine Supply Throttle are the two better options if only gloss is the main goal with no protection behind.

He does not have his name on it other than showcasing it on his channel. Unless you are implying that you don't use anything he puts on his channel which means you should bot be using CaPro, etc. Which essentially leaves you with a small brand of products to use.

I took the comment to be more of “beware of the shill pitch.” This is good advice for someone who is new (and perhaps getting excited) about this stuff.

Pan is guilty of hyping products for profit, plain and simple.

Rsurfer may be guilty of hating the game of product peddling via influencers, which would explain his post. But he doesn’t need my 2¢ of interpretation.

I would agree that this Wowo product falls into the same category as Dream Maker which perhaps is a better alternative.

Coatingsarecrack
12-30-2021, 05:40 AM

Je literally has a video on 90% of products released in last 4 years…… [emoji1787][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kneel
12-30-2021, 04:04 PM
I`ve tried both Showstopper and Dream maker.

I was disappointed in both products, easy on but a pain to remove.

The results offered absolutely nothing to my eye, certainly not worth the effort it is to apply/remove.

Overall score for both products - 1/10.

John U
12-30-2021, 05:00 PM
I`ve tried both Showstopper and Dream maker.

I was disappointed in both products, easy on but a pain to remove.

Overall score for both products - 1/10.

You failed to mention how clean the inside of your wallet felt after purchase! :D

Bosko
12-30-2021, 05:30 PM
You failed to mention how clean the inside of your wallet felt after purchase! :D
https://i.imgur.com/Io2Kbic.gif

Kneel
01-01-2022, 04:39 PM

There`s quite a few members on here of which I trust their judgement and when they`ve praised a product I like to try it for myself.
So I thought I`d give Dream maker a go, but it`s a no from me.

I do like Beadmaker though, so I`m a bit disappointed I didn`t get on with this product.

The Guz
01-01-2022, 04:46 PM
Dream Maker is only noticeable in darker paints. Silver, white or any other light color won’t give that wow factor with it.

Coatingsarecrack
01-02-2022, 05:34 AM
Dream Maker is only noticeable in darker paints. Silver, white or any other light color won’t give that wow factor with it.

Damn…. Bought a bottle for black friday….. guess I’ll save it for the chevelle[emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kneel
01-02-2022, 06:30 AM

Even worse, I bought two bottles of each product!