PDA

View Full Version : Car Shampoo for ceramic coating?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

XSR
12-27-2021, 07:36 PM
Hello,

Got my car ceramic coated (Nasiol) about 4 days ago. My current shampoo is Sonax Xtreme Rich Foam, I heard it is a poor shampoo for ceramic coating.
I'm looking for something better. What do you think about Koch Chemie Nano Magic Shampoo? or Koch GSF?

I have Sonax BSD, can I use it as a drying aid?
I also have ONR, can it be used on ceramic coated car? Is it a good idea to use it before shampoo?

Klasse Act
12-27-2021, 07:43 PM
ONR before washing the car...ONR IS for washing your car, no need to wash your car AFTER cleaning it with ONR.

If I had to use 1 soap for my needs it would be CarPro Reset, especially on a coated car ad it's a PURE cleaning soap. CarPro Lyft is a really good pre-wash[emoji106][emoji106]

Your going to get alot of input here[emoji779]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Coatingsarecrack
12-27-2021, 08:18 PM
Agreed with Reset, also Meg’s HyperWash. Onr can be use to pre treat before washing and can also be use yo wash your car.

Have not use Koch Chemie but GsF rates well and should be fine.

I have not used yet but my new go to for coatings will be Bilt Hamber AutoFoam

BsD will be fine for a drying aid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruno Soares
12-27-2021, 08:32 PM
Never heard of that coating. Is it slick? If you like slick you don’t want to use BSD as drying aid as it’s not slick but does offer decent water behavior.

For soap, CarPro Reset is my favorite. If you’re into rinseless washing ONR also works but I like N-914 better.

Klasse Act
12-27-2021, 08:41 PM
Never heard of that coating. Is it slick? If you like slick you don’t want to use BSD as drying aid as it’s not slick but does offer decent water behavior.

For soap, CarPro Reset is my favorite. If you’re into rinseless washing ONR also works but I like N-914 better....and Feynlab RW and Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless as well!

briarpatch
12-27-2021, 08:44 PM
Another vote for Reset

Klasse Act
12-27-2021, 08:57 PM
I love Reset but I've got a bottle of Bilt-Hamber auto wash and I always forget how great it truely is. It was on the expensive side coming directly from across the pond but it's a flat out great wash AND a little really goes a very long way...how long, well 1 ounce to about 3 gallons of water is plenty enough[emoji106][emoji106]

dgage
12-27-2021, 09:50 PM
And if you want a rinseless wash, McKee’s N-914 is good

seabiscut88
12-27-2021, 10:02 PM
I keep seeing suggestions for Carpro Reset…. I guess I need to buy something else now as well [emoji2369][emoji2357]

Markymapo
12-27-2021, 11:54 PM
Reset has been my go to.

dgage
12-28-2021, 12:08 AM
I use Reset periodically for a stronger wash though less than I use N-914 Rinseless, which I use left often than Uber SiO2 Rinseless.

ToroInu
12-28-2021, 01:54 AM
Can someone explain why Reset is "better" than something like CG Honey Dew Snow Foam or Adams car shampoo? To my knowledge, the most important thing to look for in coat friendly soap is if its pH neutral so it doesn't damage the coating. Anything else won't hurt or benefit the coating. In this case, both are stated pH neutral.

Im also assuming most people here aren't neglecting their coated cars where they really need intensive cleaning every wash. So wouldn't a gentle snow foam such as the CG be more than enough to get the job done?

Note: Now I usually dont like CG products, but their soaps have seem to be used by many and is one of their few decent product

Coatingsarecrack
12-28-2021, 02:29 AM
I love Reset but I've got a bottle of Bilt-Hamber auto wash and I always forget how great it truely is. It was on the expensive side coming directly from across the pond but it's a flat out great wash AND a little really goes a very long way...how long, well 1 ounce to about 3 gallons of water is plenty enough[emoji106][emoji106]

That’s a-lot unless older vs uses more. Current dilution which I read works well is 5ml to 10L water. 5 mil is .17 oz or about 1 teaspoon. 10L is about 2.6 gallons so you are using 4 times too much.

My estimation is 1.25 tea spoons for 3 gallons. Suppose to get 50-60 washes from 16oz bottles

DFB
12-28-2021, 05:56 AM
Can someone explain why Reset is "better" than something like CG Honey Dew Snow Foam or Adams car shampoo? To my knowledge, the most important thing to look for in coat friendly soap is if its pH neutral so it doesn't damage the coating. Anything else won't hurt or benefit the coating. In this case, both are stated pH neutral.

Im also assuming most people here aren't neglecting their coated cars where they really need intensive cleaning every wash. So wouldn't a gentle snow foam such as the CG be more than enough to get the job done?

Note: Now I usually dont like CG products, but their soaps have seem to be used by many and is one of their few decent product

I have not used any Chemical Guys soaps, but I have directly compared Reset and Adams Car Shampoo.

https://i.postimg.cc/9Q6kPvZ2/oct274.jpg (https://postimg.cc/K15Qxp0p)

From my perspective, Adam's is a great product but Reset is incrementally better in a couple of ways. Reset is a runnier liquid, meaning it pours easier (have a look at how Adams sticks to the side of the bottle after being tipped upside down), slickness is next level and the scent is a big draw card as well. I also note it has stronger cleaning ability. I want point out that Reset is actually pH neutral, I think CarPro have confused many people by using the name "Reset" as it gives the impression that it's a strip soap.

From CarPro itself -

"Reset utilizes intelligent pH surfactants, which feature the strength of an alkaline cleaner whilst remaining pH-neutral in solution. This helps to break down dirt and traffic films in order to maintain the coating’s hydrophobicity. Combined with strong lubrication, easy residue-free rinsing, economical dilution ratio (500:1) and high foaming action, reset is the perfect shampoo for maintaining your CQUARTZ coat’s beauty and performance."

I would happily recommend Reset for use on ceramic coatings or spray sealants. You would not go wrong with GSF either, and if you can get in the US have a look into NV Snow as well.

Bruno Soares
12-28-2021, 07:12 AM

CG Honeydew has gloss enhancers. Those will mask the self cleaning abilities of a coating so it’s going to degrade its performance. Won’t remove the coating or anything like that, just make it not work so well.

Adam’s shampoo is fine but Reset is better. Also, being pH neutral is not as important on a coating because it can withstand a much bigger range from acid to basic, unlike a traditional wax or sealant.