PDA

View Full Version : CARPRO BlackOut Tire & Rubber Coating

luckydawg
12-24-2021, 11:35 AM
Anyone try this yet? There are no reviews over @ the AGO store- @ the bottom of the product listing.
It seems WAY WAY over priced as 99% of CarPro products are. I have been using the Tuff Shine & really like the finish, but the the durability is just "OK".
$25 is about as much as I would go on the Tuff Shine, if it goes up any higher than that I will be out on it also.

Please leave some feedback if you have tried the CarPro product

Klasse Act
12-24-2021, 11:40 AM
I'm now sub'd because it is godawful expensive[emoji50]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

luckydawg
12-24-2021, 11:41 AM
I'm now sub'd because it is godawful expensive

You ain't kidding it is

PA DETAILER
12-24-2021, 11:48 AM
NEW CarPro BlackOut Tire and Rubber Coating Review and How-To Tutorial - YouTube (https://youtu.be/T9x3CCMB9Rw)

Review - CarPro CQuartz BlackOut Tire & Rubber Coating (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/129485-review-carpro-cquartz-blackout-tire-rubber-coating.html)

luckydawg
12-24-2021, 11:56 AM
Per that video- I will be sticking with my tuff shine- I get that longevity @ 1/3rd the $

The Guz
12-24-2021, 02:45 PM
One big difference is that blackout is an actual coating as it will crystalize and harden unlike tuf shine. Blackout was recently reformulated a few months ago to deliver more gloss.

Klasse Act
12-24-2021, 02:48 PM
One big difference is that blackout is an actual coating as it will crystalize and harden unlike tuf shine. Blackout was recently reformulated a few months ago to deliver more gloss.Which product do you like better Guz?

luckydawg
12-24-2021, 03:29 PM
Blackout was recently reformulated a few months ago to deliver more gloss.

Well that seal welds the deal for me then-- I am not a big "gloss" guy

Thanks for the input!

Klasse Act
12-24-2021, 04:16 PM

Thanks for the input!It is not going to be used car lot glossy so don't let that deter you from buying it and buying it in trying it.

Bosko
12-24-2021, 04:24 PM
It is not going to be used car lot glossy

https://i.imgur.com/AkekUAw.gif

The Guz
12-25-2021, 03:48 AM
Which product do you like better Guz?

I just used up the remaining blackout and my brother is going to be the tester for it. I can't comment on the durability or the look long term as I have not seen the car I originally put blackout on. I will have another video up soon going over the application of blackout once again. But the original version of blackout looks nice. Not overly gloss and with a nice sheen. I actually applied 4 layers this time so will show how that looks out in the daylight.

As far as tuf shine, I like it for its ease of use and initial look. The downside to it, is that it loses its look pretty quickly. The McKee's 37 ceramic tire coating is better than it in terms of look and durability.

Thanks for the input!

Lol nobody has even posted any information on the new formulation so there is no idea of how much gloss. It is word of mouth from the CarPro rep that it was reformulated to give better gloss due to some tires brands.

It is not going to be used car lot glossy so don't let that deter you from buying it and buying it in trying it.

Exactly. Especially with 25% off sales.