PDA

View Full Version : Before I apply Adam's Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating, what polish should I use to jewel the paint?

joebruin77
12-23-2021, 10:14 AM
I am planning on applying Adam's Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating on a new car. Assuming the paint does not have any notable scratches or blemishes, I was planning on jeweling the paint with a finishing polish to maximize gloss before applying the coating. I will apply the polish with a DA and a black finishing pad. These are the polishes I am considering, but would welcome other suggestions.

1) I have an old bottle of Meguiars Ultimate Polish. Does this stuff ever expire? It's probably at least 5 years old.
2) Adams polish (any advantage to keeping the polish in the same family as the coating?)
3) Griot's Garage Boss Perfecting Cream
4) Sonax Perfect Finish

As always, thanks for your help.
Joe

Bobby B.
12-23-2021, 10:27 AM
I'd probably go with the Griot's Garage BOSS Perfecting Cream since you just want to jewel the paint surface. If there was noticeable defects in the paint surface than I would go with Sonax Perfect Finish. Be sure to use a "Paint Prep" after polishing and before applying the Spray Coating. Good luck!

Griots Garage BOSS Perfecting Cream (https://www.autogeek.net/griots-boss-perfecting-cream.html)

Sonax Perfect Finish 4/6 (https://www.autogeek.net/sonax-car-polish-perfect-finish.html)

BLACKFIRE Paint Prep (https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-paint-prep.html)

JDGolden
12-23-2021, 10:27 AM
I'd give 3 a shot, if it doesn't do what you want I'd to go 4.

fly07sti
12-23-2021, 03:51 PM
I’d go with Perfect Finish

The Guz
12-23-2021, 05:37 PM
It would not matter with any of those polishes. Perfect Finish to me looks better than any of those others. The important thing is to panel wipe to get the surface ready for the spray coating.

Bosko
12-23-2021, 05:41 PM
It would not matter with any of those polishes. Perfect Finish to me looks better than any of those others. The important thing is to panel wipe to get the surface ready for the spray coating.

Good point....shiny only matters in the end if that shiny is clean....

Coatingsarecrack
12-24-2021, 02:23 AM
The griot’s creams worked well for me.

I used Griots Correcting cream under the Adam’s coating and it was great. I’ll be ordering the perfecting cream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joebruin77
12-24-2021, 06:46 PM
Since I will be applying the Perfecting Cream to a brand new car and assuming the paint is in good condition, would a black finishing pad be best or would you still use a pad with a little cut to it?

Bosko
12-24-2021, 07:14 PM
Well they do recommend yellow with their system, but any pad can be used.
I'd go with yellow over black, I use black to spread waxes/sealants myself

Coatingsarecrack
12-24-2021, 10:55 PM
Well they do recommend yellow with their system, but any pad can be used.
I'd go with yellow over black, I use black to spread waxes/sealants myself

What this guy said.[emoji4] their yellow with perfecting will be good. Maybe get a 6 pack and get 2 black and 4 yellows?

If the sales good i’d get 12 and get 5 orange, 5 yellow and 2 black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk