PDA

View Full Version : Optimum poli-seal vs Klasses AIO

Pages : [1] 2

94LT1
04-17-2008, 07:12 AM
The more i read threads on here the more i hear about the optimum line. Now this might be compareing apples to oranges but what would you all think is a better all in one polish?if that cant be answered then wat does 1 do that the other cant?

Chris Thomas
04-17-2008, 08:30 AM
PS uses polymer technology and KAIO uses acrylics. I did the hood on a 500SL: half PS+OS and half KAIO+KSG. Initially they looked exactly the same, but as the Optimum side started to cure it looked a little wetter. Beading and slickness were identical initially, but after about a month even the slickness was indistinguishable. Being this close, I choose to use Optimum because it's easier to apply.

Bert31
04-17-2008, 10:03 AM
I wonder how a Poli-Seal + Opti-Seal versus Werkstatt Prime Strong + Acrylic Jett comparison would go? It would also be nice to throw in some other combos ie Z-AIO + Z2 or Z5 and Ultima Paint Prep Plus + Ultima Paint Guard Plus.

wytstang
04-17-2008, 12:11 PM
PS is a 2 in 1 product (polish and seals) were AIO is more of a paint cleaner and leaves the surface ready for a separate LSP and does no real polishing either. I know AIO leaves a little acrylic behind but not enough to be a stand alone product.

Chris Thomas
04-17-2008, 04:45 PM
I wonder how a Poli-Seal + Opti-Seal versus Werkstatt Prime Strong + Acrylic Jett comparison would go? It would also be nice to throw in some other combos ie Z-AIO + Z2 or Z5 and Ultima Paint Prep Plus + Ultima Paint Guard Plus.

I've got the Optimum and Klasse, if somebody wants to send me some samples of the other stuff, I'd be glad to test 'em on my Landcruiser. It's time to do a full polish on it so I could test LSP's no prob.

PS is a 2 in 1 product (polish and seals) were AIO is more of a paint cleaner and leaves the surface ready for a separate LSP and does no real polishing either. I know AIO leaves a little acrylic behind but not enough to be a stand alone product.

PS has some wax in it too, so they say it "polishes, seals, and protects in one step". And it does actually say All-in-one on the label.

ScottB
04-17-2008, 05:33 PM
they are similar and grouped into the AIO category as is Poorboys Polish with sealant and Xmt360 IMO.

94LT1
04-17-2008, 09:45 PM
so im guessing KAIO is basically a paint cleaner and should be used about once a year.were PS is a polish and filler and should be used b4 LSP?

Chris Thomas
04-17-2008, 10:13 PM
I'd do either at 6 months. PS is only a filler if you don't work it long enough to break it down, then it's actually corrects light stuff. You'll probably get many different opinions, but my program is polish (PS or OP depending on needs) and clay every six months, 3x Optiseal sealant every 3 months, Optimum spray wax monthly, Optimum Instant Detailer every wash.

94LT1
04-17-2008, 10:18 PM
I'd do either at 6 months. PS is only a filler if you don't work it long enough to break it down, then it's actually corrects light stuff. You'll probably get many different opinions, but my program is polish (PS or OP depending on needs) and clay every six months, 3x Optiseal sealant every 3 months, Optimum spray wax monthly, Optimum Instant Detailer every wash.
wat do u mean when u say 3x optiseal?and wats OP?

Chris Thomas
04-17-2008, 10:28 PM
wat do u mean when u say 3x optiseal?and wats OP?

sorry about that:
3x means 3 times/3 coats. I apply 3 coats (it takes 12-24 hours to cure each coat so I put on one coat after my weekly washes over a three week period) Each coat takes about 10 minutes on a sedan.
Optiseal is Optimum's wipe on and walk away sealant (you don't have to buff it off)
OP is Optimum Polish. It's good for swirl removal and light scratches. I use it if Poliseal won't get the correction I need.

94LT1
04-17-2008, 10:32 PM
sorry about that:
3x means 3 times/3 coats. I apply 3 coats (it takes 12-24 hours to cure each coat so I put on one coat after my weekly washes over a three week period) Each coat takes about 10 minutes on a sedan.
Optiseal is Optimum's wipe on and walk away sealant (you don't have to buff it off)
OP is Optimum Polish. It's good for swirl removal and light scratches. I use it if Poliseal won't get the correction I need.
lol.its kool i actually thought thats wat u ment.so the optiseal has to cure?i think i read somewere that if the vehicle is out side its harder for it to cure.does that mean it will take a lot longer.does the sun help or hurt the process?

Chris Thomas
04-17-2008, 11:25 PM
lol.its kool i actually thought thats wat u ment.so the optiseal has to cure?i think i read somewere that if the vehicle is out side its harder for it to cure.does that mean it will take a lot longer.does the sun help or hurt the process?

the cure time is how long it takes the polymers to cross-link. It's NOT like waiting for the solvents to flash off and haze when waxing. the sun doesn't factor in a whole lot to help or hurt, but I wouldn't let it get wet.

94LT1
04-17-2008, 11:35 PM
the cure time is how long it takes the polymers to cross-link. It's NOT like waiting for the solvents to flash off and haze when waxing. the sun doesn't factor in a whole lot to help or hurt, but I wouldn't let it get wet.
ok so the poli-seal doesnt need to cure?

Chris Thomas
04-18-2008, 12:01 AM
ok so the poli-seal doesnt need to cure?

I work it in like a polish, but don't remove the residue until I finish the whole car. It could benefit from a short cure time. I like to wipe off the residue after 30 min-1 hour with Optimum spray wax (two birds with one stone), or wipe down with a damp MF and top with Optiseal. It will hold up well (around 3 months) by itself, but I like to top it with the wax or OS because it only takes 10 minutes and is very complimentary on slickness.

94LT1
04-18-2008, 07:38 AM
I work it in like a polish, but don't remove the residue until I finish the whole car. It could benefit from a short cure time. I like to wipe off the residue after 30 min-1 hour with Optimum spray wax (two birds with one stone), or wipe down with a damp MF and top with Optiseal. It will hold up well (around 3 months) by itself, but I like to top it with the wax or OS because it only takes 10 minutes and is very complimentary on slickness.
so poli-seal by its self can last up to 3 months?so i guess topping it with optimum car wax would give it longer protection?