PDA

View Full Version : Best protection for a new Ford Mustang Mach E that is NOT a ceramic coating?

Pages : [1] 2

joebruin77
12-17-2021, 08:43 PM
My wife and I are ordering a new Ford Mustang Mach E in the color "Grabber Blue". I want to protect the paint shortly after delivery. I can't apply a ceramic coating because I don't have a garage or sheltered space to do the prep work, apply the coating, and let it cure. I am limited to what I can do in the driveway in the early morning.

So my question is, what sealant or wax would you apply to a new car like this that would maximize protection and also enhance gloss as much as possible? I want something durable but since I don't mind reapplying every 2-3 months, long term durability is not as much of a concern for me.

Here are some sealants and waxes I already have:

Griot's Garage Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax
Xtreme Solutions Poly Seal
Xtreme Solutions Magnum Wax
Collinite 845
Collinite 915
Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray

I was thinking of Mckees37 Crystal Diamond SiO2 Wax.

I welcome any other suggestions or recommendations.

Thank you,
Joe

dgage
12-17-2021, 09:56 PM
A friend of mine just bought a new Honda Accord Hybrid and I recommended Griot’s Ceramic 3-in-1. It’s easy to use and has decent durability. It will give continuous protection if applied every 4 months or so. And you can put it on glass, trim, paint, everything. Heck, one guy on here puts it on his grill and I’m stealing that idea.

And congrats on the car, I can’t wait to drive one some day soon.

Coatingsarecrack
12-17-2021, 09:57 PM
Polish Angel cosmic. Coating like beading and literally the easiest thing you will ever apply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glen e
12-17-2021, 10:23 PM
You got a Lotta good stuff there, why buy new stuff?, sounds like an addiction to Detailing, I know that feeling. I’d use the Griots 3-1 quarterly and call it a day….

Klasse Act
12-17-2021, 11:10 PM
#915 is a no-brainer[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Bosko
12-18-2021, 04:21 AM
The products in your list are just fine for your goals....
Mix them up every few months to see what is the winner...... enjoy your shiny new car.....

dcjredline
12-18-2021, 09:05 AM
You got a Lotta good stuff there, why buy new stuff?, sounds like an addiction to Detailing, I know that feeling. I’d use the Griots 3-1 quarterly and call it a day….

People just want to flex that they bought a new vehicle. We all know there is nothing magical about any of the products. wax/sealants need to be reapplied often compared to a coating.

Bosko
12-18-2021, 09:20 AM
People just want to flex that they bought a new vehicle.

LOL!!!

I was going to make a separate post but I'll make one here

I have a 2022 corvette coming in May....I mean I suppose I could use the 27 waxes/sealants I have now but I thought there might be something to make my 2022 corvette shine.
2021 was a great year for me, I lost 50 pounds got my teeth fixed and made $200K more than I was supposed too..
If anyone has a suggestion for a product for my new 2022 corvette I'd appreciate it.....

CleanIT
12-18-2021, 10:00 AM
Polish Angel Cosmic (never used it but in Coatings i trust as well as Esoteric)
Hyper-Seal is really nice to work with and has a unique look IMO (The Guz just did a review of it)
Gyeon Wet Coat (super easy/makes drying easy after wash/less touching of paint)
GG 3 in 1 (durable)

Congrats on the new car!!

dcjredline
12-18-2021, 11:23 AM
LOL!!!

I was going to make a separate post but I'll make one here

I have a 2022 corvette coming in May....I mean I suppose I could use the 27 waxes/sealants I have now but I thought there might be something to make my 2022 corvette shine.
2021 was a great year for me, I lost 50 pounds got my teeth fixed and made $200K more than I was supposed too..
If anyone has a suggestion for a product for my new 2022 corvette I'd appreciate it.....

What makes a 2022 Corvette so much different to shine than a 2020 or 2018 or 2010? Im just so confused why people ask this stuff. Youre here you already have products and made cars shine so what magic do you think it takes for a 2022? Thats why I say what I did. Not trying to be offensive at all just genuinely wonder.

Bosko
12-18-2021, 11:26 AM
Mine was a joke is all....WOW!!

Epilogts
12-18-2021, 12:03 PM
The new electric Mustang uses flexible QLED panels under a poly “coating” so you can change the color of the car(and even add remove graphics) so who knows what may work?

Im the MAN :props:

Bosko
12-18-2021, 12:10 PM
The new electric Mustang uses flexible QLED panels under a poly “coating” so you can change the color of the car(and even add remove graphics) so who knows what may work?

Im the MAN :props:
https://i.imgur.com/Io2Kbic.gif

joebruin77
12-18-2021, 12:11 PM
What makes a 2022 Corvette so much different to shine than a 2020 or 2018 or 2010? Im just so confused why people ask this stuff. Youre here you already have products and made cars shine so what magic do you think it takes for a 2022? Thats why I say what I did. Not trying to be offensive at all just genuinely wonder.

I figured Bosko was joking and having a little fun.

Since I am the OP, I'll answer your question as to why I posted the question in the first place.

The main reason I asked the question is that I have never owned a Ford and I have never had a car in the color Grabber Blue. I thought perhaps others who have owned Fords and are familiar with their paint, and especially if someone owns a Ford in Grabber Blue, might be familiar with what non-ceramic coating protection might work best at protecting the paint and give it the best look. It sounds like your opinion is that it doesn't really matter and that any paint protection that works in general will work on this car too. That is a legitimate opinion, but maybe someone else might have a different opinion.

HoosierDaddy
12-18-2021, 02:01 PM
I figured Bosko was joking and having a little fun.

Since I am the OP, I'll answer your question as to why I posted the question in the first place.

The main reason I asked the question is that I have never owned a Ford and I have never had a car in the color Grabber Blue. I thought perhaps others who have owned Fords and are familiar with their paint, and especially if someone owns a Ford in Grabber Blue, might be familiar with what non-ceramic coating protection might work best at protecting the paint and give it the best look. It sounds like your opinion is that it doesn't really matter and that any paint protection that works in general will work on this car too. That is a legitimate opinion, but maybe someone else might have a different opinion.

I totally get it, and I understand his response also.

I'd file this under "Certains waxes tend to really work well with certain colors.".

The Meguires sealant I use really lit up the wifes Ruby Red Subaru, I figured it was a no brainer for my new very dark blue Ford Bronco (Antimatter Blue .... or as I call it, Antimatter Black) .... results were nothing special. But boy does it make it feel buttery smooth and slick!