PDA

View Full Version : Another Washing Micro Fiber Towels

Pages : [1] 2

bcgreen
12-17-2021, 12:47 PM
I have a 2 year old LG HE washing machine and I asked a indy about asking vinegar to the rinse cycle and he said not to because it messes up the three sensors.

MisterSnoop
12-17-2021, 01:06 PM
Maybe try rags to riches instead of free & clear + vinegar (if that's what you were doing or wanting to do)?

Eldorado2k
12-17-2021, 01:26 PM
Do it at the laundromat.
It’s a shame a new washing machine can’t even handle basic things but what are you gonna do? Risk messing it up? It probably cost too much to risk it.

Eldorado2k
12-17-2021, 05:23 PM
So it can handle bleach but not vinegar?

dcjredline
12-17-2021, 06:22 PM
Towel Kleen

PaulMys
12-17-2021, 06:53 PM
I have a 2 year old LG HE washing machine and I asked a indy about asking vinegar to the rinse cycle and he said not to because it messes up the three sensors.

I call bull$hit on that.........

bcgreen
12-17-2021, 07:27 PM
Maybe try rags to riches instead of free & clear + vinegar (if that's what you were doing or wanting to do)?

I use R-R with vinegar, but with what the repair guy is warning against, I don't want to end up buying a new washer. That's the way it goes these days, the parts to repair are so expensive its better to buy another washer.

VISITOR
12-17-2021, 11:33 PM
i wash (w/ microfiber detergent) in warm water with an extra rinse cycle (no vinegar needed), then into the dryer (no dryer sheet) on the lowest heat setting with the dryer balls. been doing this for many years with good results...

Bosko
12-18-2021, 04:38 AM
I got to the laundromat and use the giant washer for $5 and do them all at once.
the giant dryers are 25 cents for 10 minutes, a buck on low heat and they come out perfect

Coatingsarecrack
12-18-2021, 04:59 AM

Only thing i could read up negative is it might hurt the gaskets. Most things i read say it’s fine.

If your worried though i wouldn’t use it. I doubt if bleach isn’t goong to hurt it though I doubt vinegar will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bosko
12-18-2021, 05:05 AM
Bleach: pH 11-13. Bleach is one of the most common cleaning supplies in households and commercial settings. This particular product has a pH between 11 and 13. Its high level of alkalinity is what makes it corrosive.

Vinegar is the complete opposite end of the scale and is a 2.5 PH acid

Just information I looked up

seabiscut88
12-18-2021, 07:33 AM
I use free and clear with vinegar and then hang them and set a fan up to dry them. I have tried the rags to riches and I couldn’t tell a difference from my opinion between the two…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill D
12-18-2021, 07:35 AM
I wonder how Tide would fare. So far I’m satisfied with it.

Bosko
12-18-2021, 08:26 AM
I wonder how Tide would fare. So far I’m satisfied with it.

I use 1 cup of tide and 1 cup of Mr.clean when I do mine

BadgerRivFan
12-18-2021, 08:58 AM
I use R-R with vinegar, but with what the repair guy is warning against, I don't want to end up buying a new washer. That's the way it goes these days, the parts to repair are so expensive its better to buy another washer.

I thought one of the key features behind the new Rags-to-Riches detergent was that you didn’t need to add anything such as vinegar? [emoji1745]

I have some but haven’t tried using it yet.

As an aside, I also have an LG HE washer and have been using Poorboy’s Typhoon (along with vinegar every couple of washes) - for several years now - with no problem whatsoever. I just ran out so I’m going to try R2R and forego any additives.