PDA

View Full Version : Need interior product help for brand new Acura

Pages : [1] 2

S4Dallas
12-15-2021, 04:15 PM
Hey Guys,

I have a new Acura RDX with Tech pkg on the way.

Looking for a great cleaner and protectant to use on the variety of materials - leather, plastic, real aluminum, etc. Looking to use what I have experience with and possibly pick up something new and would appreciate your experience. Looking to use sprays and NOT cremes.

I have the Nextzett Premium cockpit cleaner and really like it. But can I use it also on the doors and dash with leather and aluminum?

I have used the DuraGloss leather shampoo #441 on my wife's Lexus and am REALLY impressed with it (I love all their products) so I was going to stick with that for the leather seats.

What about the BF Interior cleaner or the Optimum LPP for dash/doors etc?

Any input is appreciated!

Bosko
12-15-2021, 04:29 PM
Does getting a new car dictate changing products?
You listed several products you have used and like.

I'm a stick with what works type of guy myself....new car......or old....

S4Dallas
12-15-2021, 05:40 PM

I've never had a car with so many different materials - on the door for instance - and have always used separate products.

Was looking to get an AIO.

Bosko
12-15-2021, 05:57 PM
DP Interior All-In-One cleans, shines and protects your plastic, leather and vinyl surfaces, keeping your interior looking as though you barely use it (https://www.autogeek.net/dp-interior-all-in-one.html)

Griots Garage Interior Detailer (https://www.autogeek.net/griots-garage-interior-detailer.html)

KilltheScene
12-15-2021, 05:59 PM
First I'd give everything a nice wipe with a warm/damp MF towel. If the car was older I'd add a touch of Dawn.
Then I'd follow up with Wolfgang Cockpit Trim sealant. I'm a minimalist with interior leathers & plastics.
Poor Boy's Natural Look works great on plastic as well.

glen e
12-15-2021, 06:27 PM
Poorboys natural look - ON EVERYTHING—-stuff is phenomenal……

CleanIT
12-15-2021, 06:36 PM
Right now I'm using Gyeon Interior Detailer. Really good product. Similar to Meguiar's Quik Interior detailer only a tad better. ONR works great on interiors as well. Optimum Protectant Plus is a very nice product but smells a bit weird.

The Guz
12-15-2021, 06:37 PM
For leather colourlock mild cleaner and leather shield. Nextzett Premium cockpit cleaner will work just fine if you already have it.

Prange
12-15-2021, 06:43 PM
The Nextzett products are excellent, user-friendly, and highly underrated.

Coatingsarecrack
12-16-2021, 06:40 AM
I've never had a car with so many different materials - on the door for instance - and have always used separate products.

For cleaning everything i’ve come to like P&S express interior cleaner. Deep cleaning neat, light cleaning mixed 1:1. Doesn’t leave any residue.

I also have Conolly’s Leather cleaner and that cleans all interior components well.

I used a Gyeon for leather protection. LeatherShield and LeatherCoat.

For all other surfaces look to Pinnacle Black Label Leather&Vinyl Coating. It works on all the different surfaces including the aluminum.

It’s an expensive product but that small bottle will do your interior 30-50 times.

Right now you can get on Buy 1 get 1 on pinnacles site with $4 shipping.

Newsletter Specials (https://www.pinnaclewax.com/newsletter-special.html)

Absolutely love this stuff.

I use Adam’s interior detailer or the P&S for weekly dust ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desertnate
12-16-2021, 09:21 AM

A quality interior protectant/cleaner should work on any surface regardless of material.

I'll frequently use a good interior cleaner/protectant for light wipe-downs of the interior to keep everything clean and looking nice. However, 2~3 times a year I'll do a "deep clean" of the interior. For plastic/vinyl/aluminum I'll use either a damp rag wetted with a diluted APC solution and then follow up with my protectant. For the leather surfaces, I'll pull out my dedicated leather cleaning products and give the leather surfaces a good cleaning/conditioning/protection.

The one exception to this routine is my steering wheel and shift knob in the summer months. I have autocross events about once a month, and afterwords those touch surfaces are really gross with sweat, dirt, and sunscreen. I'll hit them with my leather products and clean both the wheel and shifter after each event.

oneheadlite
12-16-2021, 12:33 PM
DP Interior All-In-One cleans, shines and protects your plastic, leather and vinyl surfaces, keeping your interior looking as though you barely use it (https://www.autogeek.net/dp-interior-all-in-one.html)

Griots Garage Interior Detailer (https://www.autogeek.net/griots-garage-interior-detailer.html)

I'm a big fan of the Griot's Interior Detailer.

I got a bottle of the DP interior all in one as a freebie from some buy-this-get-that AG thing - I love the smell, but I'm not crazy about the finish/feel it leaves. Leaves it with a bit of that silicone-y shiny/slickness even after wipe off.

The Griot's in my experience just leaves everything looking nice and fresh. (For the record, it also smells good).

If I'm just cleaning up dust or wiping the interior down to feel better about it, I don't reach for interior cleaners, kinda the same theory as going the least aggressive route that you can get away with when doing paint correction. I like the interior detailers as most leave some element of UV protection behind. Otherwise I'll just use a towel dampened with distilled water or whatever leaves-nothing-behind rinseless wash I'm using.

Desertnate
12-16-2021, 12:52 PM
Glad to hear you like the Griots. I just picked up a bottle at a local parts store when I realized my bottle of Mckee's 37 Interior Protectant disappeared. Look forward to trying it out.

S4Dallas
12-17-2021, 08:35 AM
Thanks everyone for your insight.

I've decided to try the BF and the Griot's and see how I like them.

I'm gong to continue to keep the others I already have in rotation also.

dcjredline
12-17-2021, 06:16 PM

Its probably more of a FLEX post about getting a new car cause I bet no one uses different products on every different vehicle lol