PDA

View Full Version : CP Essence Plus drying aid / topper?

Pages : [1] 2

kenshotx
12-12-2021, 11:20 PM
Suggestions for a drying aid, topper?

Applied Essence Plus to my aging CP coating. I am not a fan of Reload, or eliXir, and will probably go a different direction once the coating finally fails and needs to be redone.

Klasse Act
12-12-2021, 11:38 PM
CarPro Ech2o[emoji362][emoji362]...and can and mainly used as a RW[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

rover137
12-12-2021, 11:48 PM
I so far have had issue with Elixir and NV Boost as drying aids on CQ Lite. Have tried numerous methods and they both still streak and ‘haze’. Looks horrible the next day. My car is black.

Will be trying Megs Hybrid Ceramic Detailer and Gyeon Ceramic Detailer next.

Interested to hear what others have had success with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kenshotx
12-12-2021, 11:50 PM
I to have a black vehicle (never again!)

rover137
12-12-2021, 11:53 PM
I to have a black vehicle (never again!)

They look amazing when you get them right but make it so hard for toppers/drying aids!

I used to wash with no drying aid and the car would look perfect. I’d continue this if I wasn’t convinced I needed some lubrication for the towel.

Coatingsarecrack
12-12-2021, 11:54 PM
I so far have had issue with Elixir and NV Boost as drying aids on CQ Lite. Have tried numerous methods and they both still streak and ‘haze’. Looks horrible the next day. My car is black.

How much are you using? Boost has worked great as a drying aid, have not tried Elixer. Make sure your using a spray to two sprays per panel.

Not a fan of most of the TW Hybrid solution line but there drying aid Ceramic WetWax is a winner.

My favorite drying aid is Ammo Hydrate.

Biggest thing tho is not to use too much.

Used most of this on a black mustang with CquK3.0.

rover137
12-12-2021, 11:59 PM
How much are you using? Boost has worked great as a drying aid, have not tried Elixer. Make sure your using a spray to two sprays per panel.

Not a fan of most of the TW Hybrid solution line but there drying aid Ceramic WetWax is a winner.

My favorite drying aid is Ammo Hydrate.

Biggest thing tho is not to use too much.

Used most of this on a black mustang with CquK3.0.

Have tried different amounts but best results (still very streaky) are with 1-2 per panel and 2-3 per bigger panel (roof, hood). Boost I’ve found is really grabby to apply and grabby after application. Like really really grabby. Elixir was very slick during application and after.

I have a couple bottles of NV Evo to put on our cars next so I’m thinking about retiring Boost until Evo goes on given it’s quite exxy and I imagine it to pair best with Evo.

Coatingsarecrack
12-13-2021, 12:14 AM
Have tried different amounts but best results (still very streaky) are with 1-2 per panel and 2-3 per bigger panel (roof, hood). Boost I’ve found is really grabby to apply and grabby after application. Like really really grabby. Elixir was very slick during application and after.

I have a couple bottles of NV Evo to put on our cars next so I’m thinking about retiring Boost until Evo goes on given it’s quite exxy and I imagine it to pair best with Evo.

Hmmm weird i found boost easy to apply, dry or as a drying aid. Didn’t feel slick after though.

rover137
12-13-2021, 12:20 AM
Hmmm weird i found boost easy to apply, dry or as a drying aid. Didn’t feel slick after though.

Yeah I’ve tried heaps of different techniques! It might just not play well with CQ Lite. What are you using it on?

glen e
12-13-2021, 12:39 AM
One of my faves is elixr…I find it to be very slick, easy to apply, and it never streaks…I apply it quarterly over 303 graphene….

Coatingsarecrack
12-13-2021, 01:33 AM
Yeah I’ve tried heaps of different techniques! It might just not play well with CQ Lite. What are you using it on?

Right now just over PA Cosmic and Kami OverCoat. I have used it on CQUK3.0. Try the TW WW out. You can get locally from autoparts store and it really is nice for an OTC product.

rover137
12-13-2021, 01:35 AM
Right now just over PA Cosmic and Kami OverCoat. I have used it on CQUK3.0. Try the TW WW out. You can get locally from autoparts store and it really is nice for an OTC product.

I am in Australia, but I think I can get it here OTC too. I’m starting fresh with NV Evo in the next 3ish months so will try Megs HCD first as I already have a bottle of that.

The Guz
12-13-2021, 02:10 AM
Suggestions for a drying aid, topper?

Applied Essence Plus to my aging CP coating. I am not a fan of Reload, or eliXir, and will probably go a different direction once the coating finally fails and needs to be redone.

What don't you like about Elixir?

What methods have you been using?

rover137
12-13-2021, 02:50 AM
What don't you like about Elixir?

What methods have you been using?

I’ve tried different amounts (1-5 sprays) per panel. I always use 2 towels (1 to apply, 1 to buff streak free) but have tried various different towels (edgless 350, 500, lower gsm towels, platinum pluffle, gauntlet, other various towels). I’ve tried both dry and as a drying aid. I’ve tried spraying directly into the towel (this does work better) and directly onto the panel. Have tried dampening my first towel only, then second towel only, and then both. I’ve got it to the point where it hardly streaks, but I can still find ‘some’ streaks in direct sunlight.

When applied dry no matter how much I buff a haze ghost like film always comes back. It’s like the coating is rejecting it. It’s weird.

Always applied in the shade and on a clean panel.

It’s worth mentioning that on the wife’s white car I can’t find any streaks so it could just be my black paint *shrugs*

Desertnate
12-13-2021, 08:57 AM
I'm not a fan of Elixr either due to application issues. However, I do really like ECH2O for just about every post-wash need. It doesn't have the durable protective abilities like Elixr, but since all of my vehicles are coated I don't need any additional protection for the paint.