PDA

View Full Version : Sealant suggestions...

Pages : [1] 2

merlin3008
12-12-2021, 05:04 PM
Hey all...I need some advice on product selection. I'm expecting to take delivery of a new BMW M3 in a few weeks. Unfortunately, since I live in Chicago, I won't be able to do my full new car prep outdoors as my hose is off and it's cold! Ultimately, I'm going to apply CQ UK3.0 with a coat of Gliss. My interim plan was to just apply a little protection to get me through Spring when I would do a the full detail and coating. After I pick up the car, I'd get it home, do a quick wash indoors with ONR, clay it, and wipe down with IPA. I then wanted to apply some form of protection. So my question is twofold. First, is this a sound plan. Would you do this differently? Second, what product would you use as my interim protection? I was thinking using CP Reload, but I could also just apply a layer of Wolfgang Deep Gloss. Alternatively, I could go for a lightweight ceramic coating like CQ Lite? I'm just not keen on applying anything ceramic unless I have the chance to decontaminate, polish, etc. What say you?

Thanks!

Klasse Act
12-12-2021, 05:07 PM
Where are you applying the "little protection"? I ask because it needs to be atleast 60 for LSP to be effective.

Btw, I'm in Chicagoland too, NW burbs.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

merlin3008
12-12-2021, 05:17 PM
Where are you applying the "little protection"? I ask because it needs to be atleast 60 for LSP to be effective.

Btw, I'm in Chicagoland too, NW burbs.

Was going to work in my garage. It's heated and I can usually get it to maintain 65+ in the winter.

Klasse Act
12-12-2021, 05:22 PM
Why not try some 303 graphene spray coating[emoji362]Easy to use and inexpensive, plus your supporting a local company[emoji106][emoji106]

The Guz
12-12-2021, 09:56 PM
You could do Gyeon CanCoat or Adams Graphene Spray Coating as a couple options.

merlin3008
12-12-2021, 10:10 PM
You could do Gyeon CanCoat or Adams Graphene Spray Coating as a couple options.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I assume all of these options can be removed really easily, right? I probably hAve four months before I will be able to do the full job.

Klasse Act
12-12-2021, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the recommendations guys. I assume all of these options can be removed really easily, right? I probably hAve four months before I will be able to do the full job.At the 4 month mark, providing we have an "average" winter, the product will be worn down pretty close to 20%, give or take, so when you do your full detail come spring you'll have NO problems removing it.

Honestly, I have 303 and Adam's spray graphene sitting here, come by and pick up the bottle and bring back the unused portion, no need to buy a fresh bottle. Our forum is about sharing knowledge, why not products that we can't possibly use all of. Drop me a PM[emoji6]

merlin3008
12-13-2021, 10:18 AM
At the 4 month mark, providing we have an "average" winter, the product will be worn down pretty close to 20%, give or take, so when you do your full detail come spring you'll have NO problems removing it.

Honestly, I have 303 and Adam's spray graphene sitting here, come by and pick up the bottle and bring back the unused portion, no need to buy a fresh bottle. Our forum is about sharing knowledge, why not products that we can't possibly use all of. Drop me a PM[emoji6]

Thanks. I may take you up on that when the car comes in - whenever the heck that winds up being. It's been a saga.

PouncingPanzer
12-13-2021, 01:42 PM
I am in love with Jescar's Ultra Lock+. Put two coats on my GLI mid-October and just got the third wash on it since this past weekend. I think the beading has gotten better since the last wash...no joke. Gloss is still great and very crisp two months in. It has been exposed to deicing agents on two occasions now. Both times it was able to sit on the car for over a week. No degradation that I can detect as of yet. I have the 8oz bottle and after two coats there is still easily 3/4 of the bottle left. Buffs off super easy to. When back over the car with a light to find spots I had to have missed and found none...that was nice.

CleanIT
12-13-2021, 02:14 PM
I'd go with Gyeon Wet Coat or Hydro2 Lite.

hoyt66
12-13-2021, 02:40 PM
At the 4 month mark, providing we have an "average" winter, the product will be worn down pretty close to 20%, give or take, so when you do your full detail come spring you'll have NO problems removing it.

Solid. I met up with Roger at car show here in Michigan. Good guy with alot of knowledge...and apparently generosity ;-)

Larry A
12-13-2021, 02:58 PM
Solid. I met up with Roger at car show here in Michigan. Good guy with alot of knowledge...and apparently generosity ;-)

Yes Roger is a great guy. Maybe next spring we can have a detailing meet.

Bosko
12-13-2021, 03:02 PM
Maybe next spring we can have a detailing meet.

If ya do....Michigan would be the place....LOL

Klasse Act
12-13-2021, 03:21 PM
If ya do....Michigan would be the place....LOLWell we have alot of members in Chicagoland but I'd love to go to one back home in the D[emoji779][emoji362][emoji106]

Bosko
12-13-2021, 03:56 PM
Well we have alot of members in Chicagoland but I'd love to go to one back home in the D[emoji779][emoji362][emoji106]

I'm smack dab in the middle...Coldwater is 1/2 way between Chicago and Detroit