PDA

View Full Version : What is your go to method for removing road grime from glass?

04lss
12-01-2021, 02:10 PM
Hi all,

I have been using wolfgang glass polish to remove stubborn road grime that my glass cleaners just wont touch. I lost the bottle, and ive got some stubborn road grime on my windshields. I figure now is as good a time as any to explore new options.
What is your favorite or go to method for getting glass completely clean?

Bosko
12-01-2021, 02:20 PM
Not sure where you are driving to get such a build up of road grime you need glass polish...
I have found most dirt comes from the inside of the vehicle if it can't be cleaned from the outside with traditional methods.
With that said...Griots makes a fine glass polish if you elect to go that route

04lss
12-01-2021, 02:21 PM
Not sure where you are driving to get such a build up of road grime you need glass polish...
I have found most dirt comes from the inside of the vehicle if it can't be cleaned from the outside with traditional methods.
With that said...Griots makes a fine glass polish if you elect to go that route

Typically its buildup outside of the wiper stroke. When dry it seems clean, if wetted at all you can see a film.

Bosko
12-01-2021, 02:22 PM
Typically its buildup outside of the wiper stroke. When dry it seems clean, if wetted at all you can see a film.

Griots Garage Fine Glass Polish (https://www.autogeek.net/griots-fine-glass-polish.html)

Larry A
12-01-2021, 02:30 PM
0000 steel wool has worked in the past.

Eldorado2k
12-02-2021, 01:18 AM
Mckee’s Glass Restorer is the best I’ve come across.

UncleDavy
12-02-2021, 05:08 PM
Once a year I thoroughly clean the windshield to remove old sealants, road film and other undesirable elements. I start off with 0000 steel wool and Invisible Glass cleaner. Then I move on to clay. Then I clean the glass with Invisible Glass and a waffle weave glass towel. The final step before a sealant is Griots Garage Fine Glass Polish with a Rayon pad.

Black Bowtie
12-03-2021, 09:04 AM
I have had good luck with Bon-Ami or Bar Keepers Friend.

Matador
12-04-2021, 08:54 AM
I just bought some stoners glass stripper over Black Friday. Going to try that this weekend or next.