PDA

View Full Version : Product Recommendation

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

DFB
11-30-2021, 03:37 AM
One of my work colleagues has a 16 year old son who has just got his first car. It's a manual 2007 Holden Barina (Chevy Aveo), nothing particularly exciting but I'm sure everyone remembers that feeling of getting your first car.

The kid has not had a fatherly presence for much of his life. I was thinking it would be nice to give him something to maintain the car as gift, and perhaps infect him with the detailing disease. :laughing:

His mother is getting him a few things for Christmas (on my recommendations) so I had intentions of something like P&S Bead Maker or Paint Gloss. I know Bead Maker can be a bit tricky to use and considering his lack of experience I don't want to discourage him, hence the thought of Paint Gloss as it's easier to work with.

Any thoughts or suggestions welcomed.

Eldorado2k
11-30-2021, 04:14 AM
A jug of Gold Class car wash. That’s all it took for me. Lol.

Bosko
11-30-2021, 04:19 AM
Good recommendations....

One I could add....."Knowledge"
If you could take the time to show him some tips..tricks....do's and don'ts
Education....the best gift ever...:D

DFB
11-30-2021, 04:33 AM
Good recommendations....

I have made the offer to his mother, just have to find a time when all of our schedules line up. With the holidays coming, I'm hoping to find some time to spend a few hours teaching him how to do it correctly.

He's a good kid, I sense an element of admiration from him which is a bit of a foreign concept for me. I don't have kids and probably never will so having someone to teach will be a new experience for both of us.

JDGolden
11-30-2021, 12:55 PM
Spending the time and giving a quick GENERAL overview without overloading his brain is a great idea when you get the time.

Meguiars NXT was the first wax I used on my own that got me hooked.

I miss the NXT Shampoo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vaca22
11-30-2021, 01:01 PM
A jug of Gold Class car wash. That’s all it took for me. Lol.

Not to hijack this thread, but I bought a bottle a few months ago because I had ran out of CG Honey Dew. When I poured it out, I was expecting it to have the consitency of any liquid soap, but it was actually more gel-like. Chunky, even.

Is this weird? Still works the same! I was just surprised...

Bosko
11-30-2021, 01:07 PM
Not to hijack this thread, but I bought a bottle a few months ago because I had ran out of CG Honey Dew. When I poured it out, I was expecting it to have the consitency of any liquid soap, but it was actually more gel-like. Chunky, even.

Nope....that's the way it is

chilly
11-30-2021, 01:44 PM

It is one of the thicker soaps I have tried and rinsing the measuring cup takes some effort

Bosko
11-30-2021, 01:45 PM
It is one of the thicker soaps I have tried and rinsing the measuring cup takes some effort

I've come to the conclusion it is hair shampoo..LOL

chilly
11-30-2021, 01:48 PM
One of my work colleagues has a 16 year old son who has just got his first car. It's a manual 2007 Holden Barina (Chevy Aveo), nothing particularly exciting but I'm sure everyone remembers that feeling of getting your first car.

The kid has not had a fatherly presence for much of his life. I was thinking it would be nice to give him something to maintain the car as gift, and perhaps infect him with the detailing disease. :laughing:

His mother is getting him a few things for Christmas (on my recommendations) so I had intentions of something like P&S Bead Maker or Paint Gloss. I know Bead Maker can be a bit tricky to use and considering his lack of experience I don't want to discourage him, hence the thought of Paint Gloss as it's easier to work with.

Any thoughts or suggestions welcomed.

I know jumping in to the deep end isn't always a good idea but having him get behind a polishing machine might do the trick

I have kind of done what you are talking about with my grandson after my wife gave him our Audi TT for graduation and he was bored as hell with all the prep work and wanted to get right to the glamour shot

But after letting him run a PC on a prepped panel he kind of warmed up to the whole idea and was suddenly ready to start at the beginning

He is only 21 and still doesn't have the patience to get into it at the same depth as grandpa but it's a start

chilly
11-30-2021, 01:50 PM
I've come to the conclusion it is hair shampoo..LOL

Certainly smells like it

If I only had hair I could try it out

Eldorado2k
11-30-2021, 01:52 PM

I guess it’s a notch below honey [emoji518]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211130/e081986a7adb78d10b9ea945c8857a7d.jpg

The Gold Glass scent brings back memories of way back. Good suds. Good stuff.

Bill D
11-30-2021, 01:59 PM
I just wish Gold Class cleans well; it didn't for me but that was over 20 years ago or so

PouncingPanzer
11-30-2021, 02:04 PM
Good recommendations....

So true. That's why I started the thread for my new polishing equipment asking about pads and such. Recommendations from folks with KNOWLEDGE that I do not yet have. We can recommend products but for each one, if no/little prior experience, much explaining will need done in person :xyxthumbs:

YouTube is also great for at least getting some "classroom" time in. Nothing beats hands-on of course.

PouncingPanzer
11-30-2021, 02:07 PM
I have made the offer to his mother, just have to find a time when all of our schedules line up. With the holidays coming, I'm hoping to find some time to spend a few hours teaching him how to do it correctly.

He's a good kid, I sense an element of admiration from him which is a bit of a foreign concept for me. I don't have kids and probably never will so having someone to teach will be a new experience for both of us.

Sounds like you guys could have a great time together and he will more than likely appreciate the effort to teach on your part.