PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice on bird bomb and stain seats

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bdubbs
11-29-2021, 01:43 PM
Hey guys!

I just added another one to the stable this past weekend!

It's a 1 owner 93 LX Hatchback with 27k miles. The paint overall is on good condition. But it does need a good paint correction.

The first thing I'd like to try and fix is what looks like a bird bomb on the hood. I'm not sure if it can completely be fixed or not?

The second thing is some minor staining on the drivers seat. It looks more like a water stain really. I don't think my camera picked up on it the best. I can try to get a better picture.

I appreciate the help!7469874699

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Bosko
11-29-2021, 01:53 PM
looks like it will buff out to me, I have seen those before and have had luck getting them out

Bdubbs
11-29-2021, 02:00 PM
looks like it will buff out to me, I have seen those before and have had luck getting them outCool, what products do you use? I think I might need a little more aggressive pad than what I've used in the past. I only have a orange and white cutting pad.

Today would be a good day to order more pads. I have Wolfgang total swirl remover and a porter cable da.

Bosko
11-29-2021, 02:03 PM
I used Griots Correcting cream and an orange pad...I just hit it with about 25 pounds of pressure on the DA for 3-5 seconds at a time and then wipe and review progress

Odrapnew
11-29-2021, 03:25 PM
Another Foxbody, nice.:xyxthumbs:

27k miles and one owner, bet that went for a pretty penny (way more than I could get for mine, that's for sure).

I can't comment on the paint correction, but as usual, start with least aggressive adjust from there.

Bdubbs
12-01-2021, 02:35 PM
So I've been using the turtle wax upholstery cleaner which seems to work.

I will be attempting to fix that one area I posted above soon.

04lss
12-01-2021, 02:43 PM
For upholstery, i like using my carpet cleaner with the hose attachment (they make dedicated spot cleaners too). I pre soak with a decent fabric cleaner, then hit it with the solution from the machine. Thats usually enough to get rid of most things. Anything stubborn gets fabric cleaner and light scrubbing. I always try to finish off by running hot water with no solution from the machine to try and pull as much soap as possible. Then i dry with a microfiber to speed along the process.

Bdubbs
12-01-2021, 04:52 PM
For upholstery, i like using my carpet cleaner with the hose attachment (they make dedicated spot cleaners too). I pre soak with a decent fabric cleaner, then hit it with the solution from the machine. Thats usually enough to get rid of most things. Anything stubborn gets fabric cleaner and light scrubbing. I always try to finish off by running hot water with no solution from the machine to try and pull as much soap as possible. Then i dry with a microfiber to speed along the process.I actually don't have a carpet cleaner machine. May have to look into that.

Would this work?
Amazon.com (https://www.amazon.com/Bissell-3624-SpotClean-Professional-Portable/dp/B008DBRFBK/ref=zg_bs_1063922_18?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JYX2961MMFP53ZWPTW49)

Desertnate
12-02-2021, 09:01 AM
I've used the Bissel Green Machine on cloth interiors before with good results. We bought ours a long time ago when there was only one model. Now there are several. For personal use they might be a good alternative. They tend to be less expensive and smaller/more portable than a pro product like you provided in the link. Pair that with a good sport remover and interior cleaner and you should be golden.

Bdubbs
12-02-2021, 03:50 PM
I've used the Bissel Green Machine on cloth interiors before with good results. We bought ours a long time ago when there was only one model. Now there are several. For personal use they might be a good alternative. They tend to be less expensive and smaller/more portable than a pro product like you provided in the link. Pair that with a good sport remover and interior cleaner and you should be golden.I believe I found the green Bissell on Amazon. They have a bunch of other models, but after reading up on them I don't see much of a difference between them. Did you use the cleaning solution that comes with it?

Desertnate
12-02-2021, 04:05 PM
It's been a long time ago, but I don't think so.

At least not in our cars. I only used water in the "clean" side of the machine and would use an upholstery product, APC, or fabric spot remover as needed. You'd be surprise how much gunk will come up with just hot water.

04lss
12-02-2021, 04:15 PM
It's been a long time ago, but I don't think so.

At least not in our cars. I only used water in the "clean" side of the machine and would use an upholstery product, APC, or fabric spot remover as needed. You'd be surprise how much gunk will come up with just hot water.

ive been using the solution in the machine lately because the fabric cleaner i have right now kinda sucks, but i bought a concentrated bottle and didnt want to waste it. I think detail geek on youtube does the same thing (spraying cleaner then using hot water in his machine). He also uses a bissel spot cleaner with very impressive results. i had to do my s4 recently and i thought the carpets were clean, but most definitely not. You will be kinda grossed out by how dark the water is.

Bdubbs
12-03-2021, 05:19 AM
I'm thinking about ordering up a Bissell spot cleaner machine. The seats in my car aren't that bad, but it would be nice to just pick up any dirt, bacteria and grime that's on the seats from the previous owner.

Or this Hoover. I'm just not sure what cleaner I can use?
https://www.menards.com/main/appliances/vacuum-cleaners-floor-care/carpet-cleaners/hoover-reg-professional-series-spotless-portable-carpet-cleaner-upholstery-spot-cleaner/fh11201/p-12148367796321542-c-5575.htm?tid=4716505700140406748&ipos=3

Bdubbs
12-03-2021, 05:26 AM
Close up.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211203/78341be1457f45767886f876187482f3.jpg

Bosko
12-03-2021, 06:01 AM
Could be a lot of farts hidden in that upholstery :laughing: