PDA

View Full Version : Ibrid or PiXiE? I know it’s been asked

Coatingsarecrack
11-24-2021, 10:00 PM
So with black friday I’ve found a Nano Longneck onsale for $470 tax/shipping for the systainer kit… normally $630.

A PiXiE runs about $370 all in tax and shipping but with no pads.

I’ve decided against less expensive machines so if you could choosr only 1 of the 2 what would it be and why?

Note: pricing for flex is from AG when the have a polisher sale which usually shows up in next 2 weeks.

The other is non Autogeek but will check with them as they do PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John U
11-24-2021, 11:22 PM
I purchased an Ibrid copy and was not wowed. At that time the Pixie came out and I am still wowed.

Coatingsarecrack
11-24-2021, 11:24 PM
I purchased an Ibrid copy and was not wowed. At that time the Pixie came out and I am still wowed.

So u have a PiXiE?

John U
11-25-2021, 12:38 AM
Yes, I purchased a Pixie when they were introduced. I added a 3” extension To use with a 1” buff and love it!

dgage
11-25-2021, 04:31 AM
I have a Pixie as well and like it but I’ve never used an iBrid Nano to compare. The only attachments I miss that the iBrid has are the brushes. The Pixie has plenty of power to spin 3.5” pads.

The Guz
11-26-2021, 03:23 AM
This is the first time in a long time that I have seen Rupes offer black friday deals on the ibrid.

I have both and I use the ibrid more than the PXE. Both have their place and having both is the best option.

A copy is never as good as the original.

dgage
11-26-2021, 10:33 PM
I ordered an Ibrid long today so I will be able to directly compare soon enough.

Coatingsarecrack
11-27-2021, 04:40 AM
Now that every site and their mom has the duetto and the ibrid on sale i wonder if these are being discontinued/replaced or if just sales are slow.

Not all rupes on sale

One of my biggest complaints is i figured for the price they’d switched to a brushless motor.

Probably still gonna order… been on a black friday bender….